The Lightweight Portable Air Compressor For 2024
Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall: CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free
Craftsman 6 Gallon Air Compressor is designed to get the job done with a powerful 150 max PSI for every application. With a heavy duty steel tank and continuous duty pump, this air compressor will deliver dependable power and performance.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI
This 6 gallon pancake compressor is designed for maximum performance, with a high efficiency motor that's made for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord application.The BOSTITCH pancake compressor provides 150 PSI of pressure to guarantee the highest quality results.
3. Top Choice: DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI (DWFP55126)
The DEWALT Pancake Compressor is a versatile portable air compressor that is perfect for the do-it-yourselfer. This unit is designed for home DIY and light commercial use. The 165 PSI max pressure can be utilized with a wide range of tools and it's lightweight for easy transport and storage.
4. Best Capacity: California Air Tools CAT-1P1060S Light & Quiet Portable Air Compressor
The CAT-1P1060S portable air compressor is perfect for those who need a little power on the go. With a powerful 0.6 HP motor and rated at 90 PSI, this air compressor is ultra quiet and perfect for those who need a little power on the go.
A dedicated air compressor is one of the essential pieces of equipment for anybody who works with compressed gas and gases. Working with gases such as oxygen, hydrogen, or nitrogen means you’re bound to have many of them around at any given time. An air compressor can come in handy if you work in a lab or have a workshop.
An air compressor can also be used in many other scenarios where you need to release pressure from a tank or container quickly. For example, if you need to remove air from a confined space, change your car's tire pressure, or fill balloons on the spot. Fortunately, plenty of options are available when choosing the best portable air compressor on the market today. Depending on your budget and the amount of use you plan on giving it, you should select Lightweight Portable Air Compressor that fits your needs best.
Getting the results, you will read next is thanks to the hard work of our team during 15 hours of product research and analysis. Consequently, we identified our CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, Pancake, Oil-Free with 150 Max PSI as the top model for this year. The performance of this product is of an excellent standard, and it offers a complete set of features that can satisfy your requirements.
RELATED: We compiled a list of best oil lubricated portable air compressor of February 2024 that you can buy on the internet based on 89,177 reviews from former users.
Our Top Picks
- PORTABLE: 6 gallon capacity maximizes portability and stored air for CRAFTSMAN air compressor
- QUICK RECOVERY TIME: 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI allows for quick compressor recovery time
- PRESSURE: 150 Max PSI to ensure adequate cut-inch pressure for a variety of applications
- NO MAINTENANCE: Durable, oil-free pump of the 6 gallon air compressor is made for long-life and no maintenance
- The portable air compressor is proudly made in the USA with Global Materials in Jackson, Tennessee
Best Bang For The Buck
BOSTITCH Pancake Air Compressor, Oil-Free, 6 Gallon, 150 PSI
- The portable air compressor has a long-life oil-free, maintenance-free pump for convenient use
- BOSTITCH high flow regulator and couplers to maximize air tool performance
- 150 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM* delivered @ 90 PSI pump enable long tool run time with quick recovery of the electric air compressor
- 29 lb. weight makes unit easy to carry and store
- BOSTITCH high efficiency motor of the 6 gallon air compressor is made for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord application [14 GA or larger, 50 ft. (15.2 m) or less]
- 78.5 dBA** operational noise level for a quiet work environment
- Two universal couplers to easily support two users
- High flow regulator and couplers of DEWALT portable air compressor are designed to maximize air tool performance
- 165 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM delivered @ 90 PSI pump, enable long tool run time with quick recovery for the portable air compressor
- 30 lb weight makes unit easy to carry/store
- High efficiency motor of the electric air compressor is made for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord application. [14 ga or larger, 50 ft. (15.2 m) or less]
- 2 universal couplers to easily support two users
- Ball drain valve for quick & thorough tank draining
- 78.5 dBA noise level of the 6 gallon air compressor is made for a quiet work environment
- Outlet tube rerouted to avoid being catch point
- Long life oil free pump for maintenance free operation
- Console cover protects controls and is removable to allow easy repair
- Lightweight for easy transporting - 29 lbs
- Ultra quiet only 56 Decibels
- 1.0 gallon steel tank
- Powerful 0.6 HP (rated / running) - 1.20 CFM @ 90 PSI
- Oil-Free pump for less maintenance & costs
- Includes deluxe carry bag anti-vibration tray and more
- 2.3CFM Free Flow at 0 PSI
- 150 PSI maximum working pressure and 33% duty cycle
- Direct heavy-duty dual battery clamps with 40-amp inline fuse
- 12 VOLT Operated - 150PSI Max Working Pressure, engine must be running during use.
- Fully enclosed design provides protection from hot or moving parts
- 1.5 gallon tank in shroud of the electric air compressor is easy to carry, includes water drain valve and rubber feet
- 150 psi max tank pressure of the PORTER-CABLE air compressor stores more air in the tank for longer tool runtimes
- 25' coil hose and 8 pc accessory kit facilitate a number of inflation tasks
- Low Amp 120V motor starts easily in cold weather or with extension cord
- Low Noise at 79 dBA (Tested per ISO3744) for a quieter work environment
- 2.0 SCFM @ 90 psi of the portable air compressor allows for quick compressor recovery time, per ISO1217
- Only 20 lbs for easy portability
- Durable oil-free pump for long life and no maintenance
- LOW NOISE LEVEL: 80dBA** operational noise level for a quiet work environment (**tested per ISO 3744)
- OIL FREE: Requires no daily maintenance and eliminates risk of oil stains on work surfaces
- Air Consumption at 40 PSI (SCFM): Air Consumption at 90 PSI (SCFM)
- KIT INCLUDES: BTFP02012 Pancake Compressor, 50' Rubber/PVC Blend Air Hose, 10 Piece Inflation and Blow Gun Accessory Kit
- LIGHTWEIGHT: 29 pound weight and narrow tank diameter make unit easy to carry/store
- HIGH FLOW REGULATOR AND DUAL COUPLERS: Maximizes air tool performance
- Quiet Series design at only 60 dB for operator and crew comfort; ideal for indoor use
- Oil-free dual-piston pump designed for maintenance-free operation
- Runs at a lower RPM (1, 750) resulting in longer motor and pump life
- Complete roll-cage construction provides protection to withstand a variety of job-site, transporting, and storage environments
- Lightweight design (only 44 lbs.) for increased job site portability
- The cordless air compressor features OneTurn regulator for fast, accurate pressure adjustments
- 1.2 SCFM @ 90 PSI (tested per ISO 1217)
- Heavy duty roll cage for jobsite application
- 79 dBA operational noise level (tested per ISO 3477)
- Brushless motor paired with a heavy duty oil-free pump of the portable air compressor provides cordless convenience with the power of a corded tool
- DEWALT portable air compressor is lightweight and portable at only 21.5 lbs
- Compressor Made in the USA with Global Materials
- Up to 1,220 nails per charge**
- Fast Inflating Speed and Powerful PCP Compressor : This new air compressor can provide up to 250W power. The inflation pressure can reach 4500 PSI/300 Bar and the air pump inflating speed can reach 2700r/min.Test Inflating Result : 0.5L container, from 200BARS to 300BARS takes about 8 minutes;Test Inflating result : 0.5L container, from 0BARS to 300BARS takes 18-20 minutes.
- Oil-Free & Water-Free & Built-In Fan Cooling for Long Life : Unlike other electric high pressure air pump which needs the standard oil and cooling water when working in the market, this pcp air rifle compressor does not need oil, clean and hygienic, no need for external water pump to cool. This will save you a lot of energy in future using. We also put a black extra oil-moisture separator (not installed) in the package. Note: New version does not include grease syringe any more.
- Light Weight, Compact Size,Easy to Carry: The net weight is just 6.7 kg.Wherever you go, whenever you need, just take it with you. You can also get a 1 year worry-free after-sale service( free exchange or full refund if product was defective as quality problems ). ATTENTION:Please release the bleed valve first after finishing the inflation, and do not start it when there is still air pressure inside your compressor.
- Convenient Car 12V DC or Home 110V AC Power Choice : This air compressor can be powered by the 12V car battery , aslo can be powered by the home AC outlet with the extra 110V transformer (included). This will make this pcp air pump more usefull as you can use it anywhere. Pls note this CS2 is manually stop version, if you need setting stop pressure function , pls choose our CS3 version. Our CS2 and CS3 version has better motor and compression structure comparing with CS1 version.
- Note: We have exclusive design patent for the compression method, Patent No: US 9,726,165 B2 : This electric air pump was mainly designed to use for devices with less 60cubic inch tank, such like PCP airgun rifles .Note: Don't suggest to inflate over 1L tank . It can also inflate mini diving tank,Note: does not include scuba adapters and air filter for breathing, compressor output nut is M10*1 and 8mm quick connector,pls confrim if your scuba tank can fit.
What to Look For in a lightweight portable air compressor?
A range of elements, including those listed below, influence the lightweight portable air compressor. The study process varies depending on the material. We'll be able to assist you and provide solutions since we're here to help you.
Please keep in mind the following points before selecting lightweight portable air compressor:
Roll cages with built-in steel frames or aluminum frames protect the compressor. These are especially useful in situations where the portable compressor might fall off a truck's tailgate.
The oil-cooled compressors are oil-cooled and use oil to lubricate their compressor pumps. They stay cooler, which extends their life expectancy. Low-oil sensors may be included in these models to prevent overheating and machine running dry.
Additional features include quick-connect adapters and thermal overload protection, easily operable petcock drain valves, which allow you to drain a compressor’s water buildup quickly.
How Much Air Pressure Do I Need?
The purpose of your compressor will determine how much pressure you require. Your compressor should only be used for the purpose of inflating cars tires. You will need to have pressures at least 90 PSI, and possibly higher than 110 PSI if you plan on using the portable compressor to power your air tools. Every tool is different and requires different pressures, so make sure you check them before buying an air compressor. You should also check the flow rate of your air compressors, as pressure is just half of what it takes to run an air tool.
How Do You Use A Portable Air Compressor?
A portable compressor can be used with many pneumatic tools such as a paint sprayer or nail gun. Simply connect the pneumatic tool you prefer to the portable compressor using the air compressorhose. After the compressor is turned on, wait for pressure to build inside the tank. The compressor will shut off once the pressure reaches its maximum. The stored air in the compressor can be released by pressing the trigger of a nail gun or paint sprayer. This will allow the sprayer to produce the required force to apply the paint to the material. Remember that the compressed air will run out as soon as it is used up. The compressor will turn on again and pull in additional air.
Should I Get An Oil-free Compressor?
Portable compressors can now be described as "oilless" or "oil-free". This means that the interior components are coated with friction-reducing coatings, instead of traditional oil lubrication. The main benefit is that you won't need to change your oil. All of our compressors were tested for garage usage. However, the oil content varied between the larger models. If all other specifications are identical, then we would consider the oil-free model to be an advantage.
Is It Worth Getting A Compressor With A Lower Noise Level?
Yes. We believe that the most important factor in determining a compressor’s sound volume is its tank size. Most compressors that we examined had a volume between 60 and 80 dB. Although it may not seem like much, keep in mind that every 10 decibels, the volume of sound doubles. A compressor with 70 dB sound twice as loud as one which emits 80 dB. A 60-dB compressor will produce four times the noise level of an 80-dB unit. In other words, 60 dB corresponds to normal conversation. 70 dB equals a hair dryer or vacuum cleaner, while 80 dB is equivalent to a loud restaurant or mower. A volume above 85 dB is considered to be harmful for the hearing. A lower level of noise is better for your hearing. It can also make it easier to chat or listen to music while you are listening.
Why Do Portable Air Compressors Come In Various Shapes?
Manufacturers can be creative in designing compressors with different shapes. The compressor can be separated into smaller containers to improve portability.
Sometimes, however, they take up less space. A horizontal compressor, for example, can be placed under a table, but a vertical compressor is better suited to a corner.
Can I Use A Tank With A Tankless Air Compressor?
Yes! Yes! If you are only using your tankless compressor for air-hungry items like drills or air ratchets, but still want to have the ease of a tankless compressor all the time, this is a great option. To increase the compressor's capacity, an extra tank can be attached to an already existing tank. However, adding a tank will slow down the compressor's ability to fill your tank with water and achieve the desired pressure. This can lead to a higher chance of your compressor going out of commission.
What Size Air Compressor Do I Need For My Garage?
The common question can be compared to asking for the size of your engine in your car. It all depends on how you plan to use it. Many buyers refer to the size of their tank in terms of gallons. We'll begin with the size, but this is only a small part. The compressor's tank stores compressed air. Therefore, the larger the tank, the more time you can work with it without having to stop and fill the tank. A compressor that has a tank of one or two gallons will need to stop for refilling much more often than one with a larger, ten-gallon-or greater tank. A smaller tank will work well for jobs that do not require continuous pressure over extended periods of time. A spray painter will need a bigger tank to ensure that the paint does not get interrupted. Experts recommend using a 60-gallon or larger tank for spray painting cars, as it requires long, continuous applications.
When updated data are available, our system and editor will update a list of lightweight portable air compressor. Please periodically review our website for the newest data.
We can help you with more than just finding lightweight portable air compressor. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you need assistance.