The Good Headlamp For Running In 2023
Our Top Picks
1. Best Of The Best: Vont LED Headlamp [Batteries Included, 2 Pack] IPX5 Waterproof
Take your camping or hiking experience to the next level with our 2-Pack Vont LED Headlamp. This headlamp features our Proprietary VLEDS that can vividly light up your immediate vicinity, even in total darkness. The LED Headlamp is also designed to last a whopping 90 hours on a single set of batteries. It also attaches easily and securely to any helmet, hat, cap or pack thanks to its flexible gooseneck design.
If you're looking for a reliable headlamp, one that's perfect for camping, traveling, or just hiking in the dark, look no further than the Foxelli LED Headlamp Flashlight. This amazing headlamp is waterproof and comes with a variety of convenient features fit for all your outdoor needs.
3. Best Realiable: Headlamp Rechargeable, LHKNL 1100 Lumen Super Bright Motion
This headlamp is a must-have. With IPX4 waterproof rate, 8 lighting modes and a built-in motion sensor, this headlamp can be used for camping, hunting, biking and more. It is also lightweight, durable and has long runtimes up to 50 hours on low mode.
4. Best Easy Set Up: ENERGIZER LED Headlamp Pro360, Rugged IPX4 Water Resistant Head Light
The ENERGIZER LED Headlamp Pro360 is the perfect back-up light for long night runs.With a single push of a button, you can switch from low mode to high mode and enjoy up to 50 hours of LED light. There's even an emergency strobe and SOS emergency signal for emergencies! The IPX4 water resistant design means that it's safe and effective in rain, snow or at the beach.
Runners can enjoy the outdoors by being able to see everything at night. That includes traffic signs, house numbers, and other landmarks that are sometimes difficult to see in the dark. Headlamps are a great way to illuminate your surroundings when you’re running in the dark.
They also have other benefits for runners too. Many runners prefer running in the early morning or late evening to avoid crowds and give themselves more solitude. Running at these times is also more likely to be accompanied by darkness, so it makes sense that headlamps are the perfect accessory for your running attire.
Even if you’re not a runner, keeping yourself safe while walking home or going out alone at night is always a good idea. The right headlamp will help you do just that. Read on for our review of the best running headlamps available today.
You are strongly encouraged to pay close attention to the Vont LED Headlamp [Batteries Included, 2 Pack] IPX5 Waterproof as our top product. Or you can check the Foxelli LED Headlamp Flashlight - for Adults & Kids, Running, Camping as the other great option, even if the first option didn't meet all of your requirements.
RELATED: We make a detailed review of best dual sport headlight to help you stop confusing and save time and effort.
Our Top Picks
- EASY 7 LIGHT MODE TOGGLE - Easy, quick and single button press to toggle through 7 light modes. Low/Medium/High/Strobe (Main Light) and Low/SOS/Strobe (Side Lights). Efficiently use only the light you need.
- ERGONOMIC 45° TILT - Never strain or crane your neck again, thanks to the ergonomically designed light throw at a 45° angle. Competitor headlamps throw light at an awkward 30°, causing certain neck strain. By far, the comfiest camping headlamps ever.
- WATERPROOF, DROP-RESISTANT & PORTABLE - Never worry about being out in the rain or dropping your head lamp. IPX5 Waterproof rated and vigorously tested to be indestructible in extreme conditions. Easily fits in your pocket too.
- SUPER BRIGHT LED TECHNOLOGY (165 feet beam) - wide variety of white & red light modes + 45° tiltable body makes this LED headlight brightest and most versatile in its class. Additional SOS and strobe light modes will keep you safe in any situation.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE – you won't even notice wearing our running headlamp. Weighing only 3.2 ounces (with batteries) with easily adjustable, ergonomically designed elastic headband makes our hiking headlamp perfect for long distance runners or hikers looking for a comfortable fit.
- WATERPROOF AND DURABLE – why equip yourself with anything but the best and most reliable head lamps? MX20 head flashlight is built to last. It is waterproof rated to IPX5, which means this camping headlamp is protected against splashing or spraying water from any angle.
- 🏃 ✅Waterproof and 8 Modes: The headlight has IPX4 waterproof rate. The high-quality shell is more sealed and leak-proof, which is suitable for rain or snow, indoors or outdoors. The led headlamp has 8 lighting modes to meet your various needs. ①In key light mode, you can switch the main strong beam, main weak beam, side strong beam, side weak beam, red beam, SOS red strobe. ②In motion sensor mode, you can switch the main strong beam and side strong beam.
- 🏃 ✅Ultra-light and Adjustable: The hand-free headlamp is only weight 1.76 OZ, comfortable and lightweight. The lamp head can be rotated 60° and tightly fixed to avoid shaking and sliding when running. The head flashlight uses comfortable elastic headband, which can easily adjust the length to perfectly fit your head size, perfect for adults and kids.
- 🏃 ✅Long Press and Rechargeable Design: Unlike the older, LHKNL headlamp add a long press function. In any mode, if you hold the key mode button for 3 seconds, you can turn off the light directly, without cycling through all modes. And it has a 1500mAh built-in rechargeable battery that allows you to charge and turn on the light at the same time. No need to wait for full charge or replace battery.The battery indicator will help you master battery usage. ( Last for 4-10 hours after full charge.)
- ✅ [NAMED BEST OVERALL]: TheDrive named this headlamp ‘Best Overall’ in their editorial recommendations for the best camping headlamps calling it ‘High-Powered and Long-Lasting’. Now it’s time to get yours!
- ✅ [MAXIMUM DURABILITY]: Features a durable construction that withstands 1-meter drop test, a shatterproof lens, and a water-resistant IPX4 rated body - making this head light the perfect rugged companion both indoors and outdoors.
- ✅ [SUPER BRIGHT LED]: Illuminates up to 85 meters with a 360-lumen beam of LED light in high mode - This head lamp can light up the room, or the campsite, with ease.
- [BUY WITH CONFIDENCE]: Trust in the Energizer brand for reliable power and performance in any situation
- [ENERGIZER POWER]: This LED headlamp runs on 3 Energizer Max AAA batteries (BATTERIES INCLUDED) so you have the power and visibility you need, right out of the box. Ready to go hiking, running, camping, hunting, and so much more.
- [SUPER BRIGHT LED]: Illuminates up to 80 meters with a 260-lumen beam of LED light in high mode - This head lamp can light up the room, or the campsite, with ease.
- [Long last and USB rechargeable]---Running rechargeable Headlamp only need 4hours fully charged with Any USB port(micro USB cable included). This rechargeable LED headlamp provide up to 7 hours Uninterrupted lighting in High mode,15hours in Low mode.(Real Test)
- [Super bright and 5 Mode] --- C-REE LED (100,000 hours lifespan) with a super bright 500 lumen light your way up to 500ft on the brightest modes ; This Rechargeable Headlamp 5 Modes:High / Medium / Low /SOS Strobe /Sensor,Two switch separate control different mode, you don’t need to go through all modes to turn this headband light off .
- [Lightweight and comfortable]---Lightweight Headlamp weighing only 1.48onces and adjustable Elastic Headband you won't even notice wearing it. Best Running Headlamp for Runners; Waving your hand to control its turn on/off in motion sensor mode. MOST IMPORTANTLY ****Hoxida headlamp doesn’t bounce or slip with impact***, hand-free design make it perfect for running, jogging, camping, fishing, , hiking, climbing, walking your dog at night. Best headband headlamp for adult and child to wear.
- ▶5 Light Modes: The LED headlamp has 5 white light modes: COB High Mode, COB Low Mode, LED High Mode, LED Low Mode and Strobe Mode. In any other mode, long press the On/Off Button to transform the strobe mode, then the LED and COB light will flash at the same time.
- ▶Lightweight & Adjustable Headband: The led headband is made of ABS and silicone, it is soft and comfortable, just only 3.5 ounces. It's possible to fold but not affect the use, light weight and small size design can easily fits in your pocket. With soft and washable headband of light band headlamp fits adult. Indoor and outdoor activities used in the waterproof headlights no pressure, especially car repair, DIY work or emergency, etc.
Pristar LED Rechargeable Headlamp 230°Sensor Head Torch with 5 Modes
- USB C Rechargeable Headlamp Flashlight- Save tons of extra batteries! Built-in high-quality 1200 mAh rechargeable large capacity Li-polymer battery and Type C USB input port, the head light can be charged via computers, car chargers, power banks, etc. The charging time of the rechargeable head lamp is 2.5 hours per full charge. Working time is for 2.5-8 hours in different light modes.
- Lightweight & Adjustable Headband - The durable and stretchable headband light with silicone lamp shell is adjustable to any head size or even to fit over hard hats. It's a compact and portable forehead light because it only weighs 2.82oz/80g and has no weight-bearing feeling on the head. It's a comfortable strip headlamp to wear for adults and kids.
- 【Included Hardhat Clips & Durable Elastic Headband】With water resistant function, LED headlamps are built to last and protected against heavy rain or snow. Whenever you wear headlamp outdoors, you wouldn't need to worry if it rains unexpectedly. Suitable for camping, riding, running, night walking, mountaineering, fishing, hunting, reading, car repairing, DIY works or emergency situation like fire, hurricane, storm, power outage. Included headlamp clips for narrow-edged hardhat, helmet.
- 【Motion Sensor & Hand-Free Light】This rechargeable induction headlamp designed with motion sensor mode, easily control the headlamp even if you have gloves on, won’t dirty the unit as well as the gloves. When light is on, you can short press sensor button and make it as sensor mode (Indicator light turns yellow from red.) Then you can turn light on/off by waving hand within 10cm in front of sensor reception. While it is on sensor mode, you can also change light mode by pressing power button.
- 【Adjustable & Easy to use】Adjustable strap is provided to make your head get the best comfortable condition, fit most hardhat and helmets. Package includes 2 head lamps with 2 USB-C charging cable and hardhat headlamp clamps. You'll love our SENVENKA COB headlamp and the fact that every headlight is individually tested, so you can be sure it will arrive in good working condition. ⚠️Note: Please charge it before use. Floodlight & spotlight can not be on simultaneously.
- Waterproof Headlamp, Durable, Reliable --- Hoxida headlamp flashlight is built to last, and there’s no need to worry about accidentally dropping it. Rated to IPX6, this rechargeable headlamp is protected from splashing water from any direction and will be able to withstand harsh weather conditions, including heavy rain and snow.
- Super Bright LED Headlamp, 1000 Lumen, 3Modes --- Rechargeable LED headlamp, with 1000Lumen Super Bright COB enhanced Headband light and red taillight ,which is much brighter than ordinary Headlamp, this construction headlamp has 3 different light modes (High/Medium/Strobe ) for your different lighting needs, best Headlamp for Running, jogging Camping, Hiking, Cycling, and other outdoor activities.
- Lightweight & comfortable --- This headband light weight only 3.7onces included the battery, a lightweight headlamp to wear for hand-free use,This rechargeable Headlamp has elastic band is adjustable and made of good quality material causing no irritation if you’re sweating and running, You won't feel it moving around while you are running, a very comfortable headlamp for adult to wear for all days.
What to Look For in a good headlamp for running?
A valuable product is determined by many factors (included below). The process of researching the good headlamp for running is pretty significant because of these features related to the products. However, rest assured that we are here to support your challenges.
Having a closer look at the following factors would benefit you a lot. These are the most important things among various ones you need to consider:
Some headlamps have blue and green LED lights.
You need to be able to switch between the different color options. This is how you can make headlamps work. You may need to press a button for several seconds, or scroll through all the options. The user interface is sometimes confusing for some.
Make sure to learn how to switch between modes before you go out.
A few headlamps come with a technology which automatically adjusts the output to match the object in front. This saves you battery energy. A few designs have a strobe function, which can be useful for visibility in high traffic areas. This spotlight set consumes more power.
It is possible for a design to bounce if it's bulky, or less ergonomic. Our favorite headlamps weigh between 1.2 and 4.5 ounces.
Some headlamps allow users to set up lighting and buttons on their own. A few headlamps have apps that allow you to program a variety of lighting options, as we mentioned earlier.
For most headlamp owners, this step is unnecessary and time-consuming. All of our editors and testers loved simple and easy-to-use headlamps.
Beam Distance & Type
Two types of beams are common in headlamps. Floodlights are diffused broadly to areas closest to you. The floodlight conserves power and reaches your immediate vicinity.
Some headlamps adjust automatically between them based upon the surrounding objects. Automatic mode switches also keep the battery charged.
You can adjust the brightness gradually with some headlamps' dimming options. A battery's capacity is affected by how bright the light is.
Which Batteries Are Best? Lithium-ion? Store-bought?
It is important to ask this question as there are many differences. Rechargeable and lithium-ion batteries are more environmentally friendly than those purchased at the store. Please choose one of these batteries as your primary use battery. Sometimes you will need to purchase a bunch of AAA or AA's in order to complete a project. You can do what you need to.
What’s The Best Way To Measure A Light’s Brightness?
Although an integrating sphere is a good way to determine quantitative brightness, it can also be very expensive and difficult for most consumers. It is easier to compare throw and spread of different lights. You can compare the power and throw of different lights to see which one suits your needs.
When Should I Use A Headlamp?
Headlamps are ideal for activities that require hands-on work in dark or low light. You can also use it for endurance activities such as trail running and uphill skiing. Our headlamp has been used for rescue situations, long hiking, backpacking and walking back home at night.
Do I Need A Headlamp With A Red Light Setting?
Modern headlamps have a red light setting. Although red light settings can't generate as much brightness as the primary white setting, they are very useful. Red lights can be used in social situations to provide visibility, without blinding others with excessive brightness.
A red light can be used to read in a tent while other tentmates are sleeping. Red lights attract mosquitoes less often than other insects.
Can I Buy Spare Parts For My Light?
Yes. Yes. We stock all types of spares such as battery packs, battery bags and O-rings. For a complete listing, click on "Accessories" We can either sell directly to you or through our dealers.
What Is Battery Life Expectancy?
With good maintenance and care, the battery cell's life expectancy is three years. You can also expect between 300 and 500 charge/discharge cycles. To prevent the battery from overdischarge after storage, charge it to half its capacity and then store. Connect the battery to the light every 3-4 months to drain the remaining capacity. After that, charge it to 50% to continue storage. Low temperatures can affect the battery's performance and life span, particularly below freezing.
As a normal, we keep researching and updating new information when possible to good headlamp for running. So, you should verify our website more regularly or subscribe to our newsletter to catch up with the updates and modifications.
Besides the list of good headlamp for running of 2023, we can also assist you out. Whenever you require solving product-related issues, contact us!