The Best Walk Behind Salt Spreader For 2023
Our Top Picks
1. Best Of The Best: Scotts Elite Spreader
Scotts Elite Spreader is engineered to provide you with the most accurate spread pattern, along with smart technology. With a dual rotor design and 6ft spread pattern, it's easy to get the job done quickly. The unique tire design ensures that the unit travels over all types of surface resulting in minimal deflection or damage. It also includes an ergonomic handle with a smartphone holder for those long days on your hands and knees.
The Agri-Fab 45-0463 is a durable rod-linked on/off control with precise settings. Maneuverable and with a large diameter tire and wide wheelbase for stability on rougher terrain. The hopper holds up to 130 pounds of material, optional hopper cover, material deflector, and hopper grate available.
3. Best Capacity: Agri-Fab 45-0462 Push Broadcast Spreader
Agri-Fab 45-0462 Push Broadcast Spreader is a hopper spreader that has been designed to be easy to use and built to last. The rustproof poly hopper is enclosed, the solid rod gate control provides smooth operation, and the enclosed taper and bevel gearbox offers more power than any other spreader on the market. The optional Pro Kit comes with a durable sheild for long-term protection from the elements.
4. Best Performance: Buyers Products Walk Behind Push Snow Rock Salt Spreader
The Walk Behind Salt Spreader is the perfect wintertime solution. With a 100-pound capacity and an adjustable spread range of up to 24 feet, this manual salt spreader is easy to assemble and won't rust. The hopper screen and enclosed gear box will keep your salt from getting wet or clogging up with old snow.
There are times when you need to spread salt on your road or driveway. The right equipment will make the task easier and also help you save time. Although there are manual ways of spreading salt, most people have switched to using walk behind salt spreaders.
These machines have made it easier for anyone, no matter how inexperienced they might be, to spread salt on a large area quickly and easily. By reading this article, you will know everything about using a walk behind salt spreadner, from what size machine you should get and how much it costs, to where you can find the best models that fit your needs and budget. Read on to learn more about these helpful devices!.
We think Scotts Elite Spreader is the best of the best among the top models. If you were dissatisfied with the preceding item, you have the option of selecting Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader , Black as an alternative. You may relax knowing that its quality is also good per what we researched.
RELATED: The best deals of best ice melt spreader in 2023 will be given below, and you can straightforward choose the greatest one.
Our Top Picks
- Ergonomic handle with smartphone holder
- Never-flat tires to conquer any terrain
- Dual rotor technology provides unbeatable accuracy and a 6ft spread pattern for time savings. This is our most accurate spreader ever
- Minor assembly required - Remove agitator pins when spreading coarse rock salt
- Holds up to 20,000 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn product, including grass seed, fertilizer, salt and ice melt
- Enclosed gear box with tapered gears for even spreading and long life"
- Durable rod linked on-off control with precise settings". Maneuverable
- Optional hopper cover, material deflector and hopper grate available"
- Large diameter tires with wide wheelbase for stability on rougher terrain"
- 130 pound hopper capacity saves time refilling on larger acreage lawns"
- Enclosed taper and bevel gear box. Assembled Product Dimension (L x W x H)- 48.0 x 27.1 x 33.6 Inch
- Rustproof poly hopper
- Pneumatic tires
- Optional Pro Kit with sheild available
- Solid rod gate control
- More Than Just Parts: From snow and ice equipment to toolboxes, hydraulics, towing, truck and trailer hardware to our innovative lighting products, it’s amazing what Buyers Products can do for your truck
- Stand Up To Winter: Featuring a fully welded powder coated carbon steel frame, poly hopper, and enclosed gear box, this salt spreader won't rust; Hopper screen and nylon cover included
- Durable and Dependable: Founded in 1946, Buyers Products has become a leader in the truck equipment industry though our commitment to customer care, innovation, and value across our range of products
- We Do Things The Right Way: We design products like we we’re building them for ourselves, because we are; Our teams are staffed with engineers and experts who know how to make a product exceptional
- Walk Behind Salt Spreader: This easy to assemble manual salt spreader has a 100 pound capacity so you can cover larger areas using bagged salt or ice melt; Adjustable spread range of up to 24 feet
- 360° baffle system for precise control of spread pattern
- Ergonomically designed Bail system
- Rugged poly hopper to withstand tough winter conditions
- Adjustable gate settings.Wide tread 10 in. Pneumatic tires for stability on uneven terrain.Powder coated Steel frame.Enclosed gear box to protect the gears from debris.Grate and snow/rain cover included.Easy assembly, just flip up the handle and secure
- Conical poly auger installed and additional spiked poly auger and flat metal agitator included - helps to break clumps for a smoother flow of product
- The instead Go Getter Spreader is strong, durable, and is made from plastic that contains 80 percent recycled materials
- The instead Go Getter Spreader is intended for use with instead's natural lawn care products, including Happy Lawn fertilizer and Ambitious Grass seed; for best results, apply product per label instructions and spreader settings
- Use to evenly spread fertilizer or grass seed across your lawn
- Holds up to 5,000 sq. ft. of product (products sold separately)
- The instead Go Getter Spreader is easy to use and easy to assemble
- Poly Hopper Capacity: 100 LBS.
- Adjustable Rotary Gate
- Made in the USA
- Stainless steel frame, stainless steel linkage, stainless steel t-handle
- Spread pattern control
- Includes rain cover and hopper grate
- Finger grip for balanced lifting
- 14" wide pneumatic tires
- Enclosed gearbox w/ grease fitting ; Gears made of metal-alloy material
- EFFICIENCY - 50-lb. hopper capacity and 175-lb. load-bearing capacity allow for the rapid application of fertilizer, seed, and salt
- COMFORT - 2-position, height-adjustable ergonomic handle for comfortable applications by operators of all heights
- ACCURACY - 3-hole drop shut-off system and adjustable drop rate ensures an even spread pattern and accurate application
- CONSTRUCTION - 13" pneumatic tires and wide-set frame provide even weight distribution and all-terrain control
- COMPATIBILITY - Hopper cover and fertilizer/seed/salt compatibility allow for year-round, all-weather usage
- Frame: Stainless Steel ; With built-in deflector
- Bundle includes 2 Items: (1) Lesco 101186 High Wheel Walk-Behind Spreader with (1) T422400 Permagreen Agitator Kit
- T422400 Permagreen Agitator Kit includes 1 x Permagreen Agitator, 1 x Set Screw, 1 x Adjustment Tool, 1 x Cotter Pin, 2 x Washers
- Hopper Capacity: 80 lbs.
- Tire Size: 13 x 5.00-6 ; Dimensions: 48" x 25" x 35" ; Weighs 42 lbs. (empty)
- DURABLE: Solid metal linkage provides reliable flow control.
- VERSATILE: 13” Pneumatic tires grip icy pavement without packing.
- CAPACITY: 100 LB Capacity.
- HEAVY-DUTY GEARBOX: Self-lubricating, sealed gearbox provides reliable service night after night.
- HEAVY-DUTY GEARBOX: Self-lubricating, sealed gearbox provides reliable service night after night.
Our buying guide to pick best walk behind salt spreader for you need
Maybe you feel overwhelmed by the variety of choices when it comes to purchasing best walk behind salt spreader? Visitors didn't even know if a better option was available. We have a few suggestions which will make things easier and thus save you time and effort.
Review them out below to see whether the item you're looking for is right for you!
RELATED: What is the best way to choose a best atv salt spreader in a 2023? We've discovered a few good choices for your needs that are simple to use. Let's take a look right now!
What Is A Salt Spreader?
A salt spreader (or salt spreading machine) is an equipment that helps to spread salt, sand or other finely granulated substances onto large areas. You spread salt on icy roads as salt has a lower freezing point which allows the top layer ice to melt.
Saltwater is formed when the top layer has melted. The saltwater will not be dissolved by adding a little table salt. You will require more, which makes salt spreaders so useful.
What Types Of Salt Spreaders Are Available?
Salt spreaders come in many configurations. A walk-behind salt spreading machine is the most common. They are useful for clearing small areas like driveways or sidewalks. These models can also be attached to snow blowers and ATVs.
Truck bed spreaders and tailgate spreaders are the most powerful options. They mount on top of pick-up trucks. These spreaders are used for salting large areas like streets or parking lots. These are often combined with truck snowplows.
How Do Truck Bed And Tailgate Spreaders Work?
Motorized hoppers are used in both truck bed spreaders and tailgate spreaders. They can overhang the back of trucks and evenly spread salt. The top loading covers allow for quick filling of the hopper and keep moisture out.
They differ in their storage capacities. A truck bed spreader is equipped with an enormous storage tub which sits on the bed of the truck. The spreaders can distribute large quantities of salt, without the need for refilling. The salt load directly into the tailgate spreader, which has a lower storage capacity. With capacities of 3-8 cubic feet they are suitable for many uses. They are also low-profile, so they don't block drivers' rearview.
How Do Salt Spreaders Work?
Salt spreaders are easy to use. A hopper is a container that can taper downwards to release its contents.
The spinning disk distributes the material evenly over the area as it is being released. You can use whatever spreader you prefer, but it is important to begin slowly so that the material doesn't get too spread. It's also better to finish any first layers if it seems insufficient.
Can You Use A Grass Seed Spreader For Salt?
Although technically, you could use a spreader to do this, they were not intended for this purpose. Some spreaders simply drop seeds underneath the spreader, while others spread them all around the spreader. Your success will be determined by the size and calibration of the drop spreader/rotary spreader.
These links will show you how to adjust your sawder to get the desired effect. Both broadcast and drop spreading can work effectively, as long as the settings are easy to adjust and they don't get damaged by salt.
Can You Put Salt In A Fertilizer Spreader?
The same applies to the fertilizer spreading machine. Fertilizer spreaders, however, are often designed to cover large fields in a shorter time. This means that they may be overly big and produce excessive amounts of fertilizer. I will only recommend that the spreader be of reasonable size and adjustable to the route.
The website has a buying guide for best walk behind salt spreader for your needs. It will assist you in determining what to purchase and how much was to purchase! If the above options do not meet your needs, consider Lesco 101186 High Wheel Walk-Behind Fertilizer Spreader as an alternative.
Whether any of this makes it sound daunting or if you want more information, please give us a call, our members of the team are always happy to chat and brainstorm ideas with you!