The 10 Best Snow Blower For Chicago, Tested And Researched
Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall: Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 18-Inch 48-Volt 4-Ah Cordless Snow Blower
The Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 is a powerful, brushless motor snow blower that provides maximum clearing of up to 14 tons of snow per charge. The LED headlight lights up the night for safer nighttime clearing.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: PowerSmart Snow Blower 24 Inch 2-Stage 212cc Engine Gas Powered
PowerSmart's 24" 2-stage snow blower is the perfect tool for quick snow removal. With a snow clearing width of 24" and intake height of 20", it can handle large areas with ease. The powerful 212cc engine, along with the 21" steel cutting blade, will clear heavy snow quickly with minimal effort.
3. Best Performance: EGO Power+ SNT2112 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Snow Blower
Combat winter weather with EGO POWER+ SNT2112. This snow blower throws snow up to 40 ft and cuts through ice and snow faster than a traditional auger. The high-efficiency brushless motor maximizes runtime, and the variable speed auger control means you can adjust power for delicate surfaces like gravel or sand.
4. Best Powerful: Worx 40V 20" Cordless Snow Blower Power Share with Brushless Motor
Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products. This means you can use the same battery to run your snow blower, lawn mower, chainsaw, weed trimmer and more! The durable soft-grip handle makes it easy to use and control during the on-season, so you can take on any task with ease.
5. Best Design: EGO SNT2400 24 in. Self-Propelled 2-Stage Snow Blower
The EGO SNT2400 is a heavy-duty snowblower that provides a powerful, yet quiet and environmentally friendly performance. The 200° rear chute control, rear chute deflector and weather-resistant heavy-duty steel and composite construction provide added durability for challenging conditions.
When northern cities are buried in snow and ice, southerners think about how to escape the heat. In other words, timing can be everything regarding snow removal equipment. Northern cities like Chicago get plenty of snow yearly, a little more than most Southerners would like, but not as much as their neighbors to the north.
That’s why so many Chicago residents own snowblowers. It’s also why you should buy one if you don’t already have one. But with so many different models on the market, choosing the best snow blower for your home and yard can be difficult. To help you make an informed decision about which model is suitable for your needs, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best snow blowers for Chicago options available today.
After extensive study and analysis over a 20 hours, We think the best snow blower for chicago is Snow Joe 24V-X2-SB18 18-Inch 48-Volt 4-Ah Cordless Snow Blower. You can consider PowerSmart Snow Blower 24 Inch 2-Stage 212cc Engine Gas Powered as an alternative if you're still undecided. Other suggestions on this list are worth considering, and we've put up a helpful shopping guide to help you decide!
RELATED: Find the best self propelled snow blower 2023 for your requirements based on expert recommendations and user input. Don't buy anything until you've read these reviews.
Our Top Picks
Easy to curve It runs quietly and smoothly Easy to lift it thanks to its lightweight design Easy to store thanks to foldable handle
The extension cord is not so good
Keep your driveway and walkways clear of snow with the Snow Joe 18 in. Cordless Snow Blower. The powerful 1200 W brushless motor clears up to 14 tons of snow per charge, and the LED headlight lights up your night for safer nighttime clearing. It also features an adjustable chute, a folding handle for easy storage, and a built-in electronic control system for battery management.
Best Bang For The Buck
PowerSmart Snow Blower 24 Inch 2-Stage 212cc Engine Gas Powered
Easy to use Easy to start up with an electric starter Easy to control the chute with one hand Powerful motor
The PowerSmart Snow Blower 24 Inch 2-Stage 212cc Engine Gas Powered makes quick work of snow removal. It has a snow clearing width 24" and intake height 20", making it easy to clear the snow with less time. The strong engine power makes cleaning up the snow easy, with push button start and electric starter. With one-hand operated chute control, clearing the snow is easy.
EGO Power+ SNT2112 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Snow Blower
Easy to adjust various speeds Slight and easy-to-fold handle Easy to move Convenient headlights for removing snow at nighttime
It tackles wet snow ineffectively
The EGO Power+ SNT2112 snow blower has the power to clear up to a 21-inch path with ease. Equipped with a high-efficiency brushless motor, this snow blower also features steel auger cutting through ice and snow faster than you can say "snowman". The variable speed auger control lets you adjust the chute's direction of throw and the xtra large intake prevents clogging from wet slush and powdery snow.
Lightweight and compact design It is compatible with clearing up snow on driveways Easy to fold the handle Recharge the battery quickly
Sometimes the chute is stuck
The Worx 40V 20" Cordless Snow Blower Power Share with Brushless Motor is the ultimate snow-clearing machine. Its powerful engine and brushless motor make quick work of winter's worst, while its collapsible handle makes it easy to store during the off-season. It also comes with a soft-grip handle for easy control during the on-season, and it is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products.
Made of high-quality material Good Maneuverability Easy to change the direction of the chute It works quietly
The speed of the drive wheels is pretty slow
The EGO SNT2400 Snow Blower is designed to handle challenging conditions with the heavy-duty steel and composite construction. It also has a rear chute deflector, which helps direct snow and ice into your yard. The 200 degree rear chute control is great when it comes to changing direction quickly. The variable speed auger control allows you to maintain your desired snow throwing distance while maintaining optimum blower speed.
Low maintenance expense Remove snow easily Headlights are compatible with working at nighttime It is light
You will spend time clearing snow because it is small
The Greenworks Pro 80V 20-Inch Cordless Snow Blower is a powerful, yet lightweight snow blower for clearing driveways, sidewalks and patios. Powered by a brushless motor, it has an adjustable power setting with up to 10-in of clearing depth and 180 degree rotating chute for desired snow displacement.
Strong power engine Easy to adjust the height of the chute It digs snow deep Easy to maintain and operate
The blade is poorly designed
The PowerSmart 18-Inch Cordless Snow Blower is the perfect tool for clearing snow on your driveway, deck, and other areas of your home. This snow blower's 18-inch clearing width and 11-inch intake height provides a quick way to clear snow in residential or commercial areas. The cordless design makes it easy to use without the need for gas, oil, or tune-ups. An easy start button and quiet operation make this snow blower convenient for winter use.
Best Easy To Assemble
PowerSmart Electric Snow Blower 21 Inch Single Stage Corded Snow
- 🔥CUSTOMER SERVICE: Covered with 2-year-warranty, free lifetime tech support, repair service center in U.S., online support in 24H. Any reason please contact with us.
- 🔥POWERFUL: 15 Amp electric brushless motor moves up to 800 lbs/min of snow and can propel snow up to 35 feet away.
- 🔥CHUTE ROTATION:The adjustable discharge chute can be rotated 180 degrees, you can direct the snow in whichever direction you need it to go.
- 🔥8 INCH RUBBER AUGER: The rubber auger helps to cut through tough snow to ensure the snow is continuously blown away.
- 🔥VERSATILE: 21-inch width and 12.5-inch intake height clearing range makes it quick for clearing snow in driveways, walkways, sidewalks, patios, etc.
- 🔥SAFEGUARD: The auger control prevents accidental start-up and quickly stops the spinning auger and impeller when you release the handlebar grips.
- 🔥MAINTENANCE-FREE: It is easy to start and runs quietly. No gas, No emissions, No tune-ups, you can use the machine safely.
- 🔥COMPACT: It is only 40 lbs and the tires measure 8x2 inches, which makes it easy to maneuver and assemble.
- 2 Stage Snow Blower - With 10" serrated steel augers and 10" impeller plows through deep, heavy snow faster than a single-stage snowblower.
- Self-propelled - Drive with 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds. 212cc 6.5hp 4-cycle engine rated speed is 3600 rpm. 13"× 4.1" all-terrain tires offer traction.
- Nighttime Use - Equipped with a LED headlight to meet the demand of night work. Snow thrower could work on gravel driveways, blacktop, cement, or a patio.
- Low Temperature Start - Corded AC electric start. Connect to an outdoor socket to use mains electricity, then push the button.
- Snow Clearing Capability - The gas snow blower could quickly clear 22" width and 17" height of snow and throw 40ft away. 190° rotation snow throwing chute.
- ❄️【Sturdy Frame for Durable Use】The frame of snow thrower is made of heavy-duty steel and premium PP which ensures no cracking or deformation in the low temperature. And the steel auger in the snow thrower with high-quality rubber will increase the friction of snow. The machine can serve you for long time.
- ❄️【More Efficient to Plow Snow】Equipped with a 15Amp motor, the snow thrower can clean off snow in short time. In addition, 10-inch clearing depth also makes snow thrower high efficient for snow clearance. Not only can the snow thrower save time but also it is labor-saving.
- ❄️【Rotatable Crank & Adjustable Deflector】Featuring a 180° adjustable chute, it is easy to rotate with an extra long upper chute crank to meet your different need of direction. And the chute deflector can be adjusted from 60°to 90° with knobs on the side. Please don’t over tighten the chute deflector knobs.
- ❄️【Safe Protection Switch】To ensure safe operation, the snow thrower features safe button beside handle bar. When you want to hold bar to start working with machine, the button should be pressed firstly which can prevent the accidental start-up effectively.
- ❄️【Easy to Install & Clean】The snow thrower comes with a detailed installation manual and all required accessories. It is easy to assemble by yourself in few minutes. What’s more, the machine has great wear resistant and is easy to clean with some cloth.
What to Look For in a best snow blower for chicago?
Is it necessary for you to purchase best snow blower for chicago in 2023 from Amazon within the next few hours? Perhaps you've just learned about something which can benefit friends or family members but aren't sure where to turn or who to trust.
So, we're here to help. Our new article will show you how to purchase the best item for your necessities quickly so that it arrives on time and as expected. It's that easy!
Clearing Width And Depth
Wheels Vs. Tracks
Size And Weight
RELATED: If you're looking for the best residential snow blower, then you've come to the right place. We've put together a list of 10 of the best residential snow blowers on the market today.
How Do You Start A Snow Blower?
To start a gas snowblower, you may need to pull the manual recoil cable. However, many modern models can be started by pushing the button. You can start both cordless or electric snow blowers by pushing a button.
How Do You Use A Snow Blower?
To get the best results, start your snow blower when the snow has stopped falling. To remove snow from the driveway or sidewalk, make uniform passes and adjust the chute to ensure that it falls in a straight line.
What’s The Difference Between A Snow Blower And Snow Thrower?
Although people often use the terms interchangeably they are technically a "snow thrower", which is a single-stage snow blower. These machines use one auger to pull snow out and take it in. A snow blower could be a one-stage, two stage, or three-stage machine.
How Do You Store A Snow Blower?
If it's not in regular use, you can store it in your garage or in your storage shed. If your garage or storage shed is not big enough, it can be kept outside covered with a waterproof tarp.
How Do You Clean A Snow Blower Carburetor?
Unclean carburetor may prevent your gas-powered snowblower's engine from starting properly or produce smoky, polluted exhaust. Your machine will run smoother if the carburetor is clean. It is necessary to remove the carburetor cover. The exact method will vary depending on your model. You can find the correct way to clean your carburetor in your owner’s manual.
Its features, not its name, are what define best snow blower for chicago in 2023. This may seem self-evident, but it's easy to become fixated on a specific company or brand due to its reputation. We strongly advise you to consider your needs and determine which products will assist you in meeting them. With our options above, if you can't choose any suitable one, let's check Ariens 921045 SNO-Thro 2-Stage Deluxe Snow Blower. Wish you a nice shopping day!