The Best Roller Spearguns For 2023
Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall: Mares Bandit Sling Band Speargun
The Mares Bandit is a high-quality and affordable speargun that is perfect for beginners and experienced divers alike. It features a stainless steel shaft with a single flopper and gunmetal fittings, making it corrosion-resistant, lightweight, and durable. The sling band allows for easy transport while the spearhead tool makes it easy to convert the chord into spear point.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: Hammerhead E2 Speargun (110 cm)
The Hammerhead E2 Speargun is the most accurate speargun on the market. This speargun is designed by professional spearfishers and it provides optimal performance and efficiency. You can choose from various shaft/band combinations, reel or roller muzzle upgrades, and more.
3. Best Performance: SALVIMAR Hero Speargun, 135cm,Black,Green,300300/135
The SALVIMAR Hero Speargun features a smooth, ergonomic design with an aircraft aluminum open muzzle. The lightweight, yet durable shaft is made of a non-corrosive material. The comfortable foam grip is designed for maximum comfort and control. SALVIMAR's new all-metal design is built to last and will give you the best performance on the water.
4. Best Design: Cressi Spearguns for Spearfishing
The Cherokee Speargun is an extreme spearfishing spear with a cobra-style muzzle that improves the directional stability and reduces friction for maximum thrust and reach. The handle is made of reinforced engineering plastic, features an integrated spear guide, and has a long or short sternal support. The unique design of the open muzzle includes a magnetic spear lock system which keeps the shaft in place.
Spearguns are great for kids that love to hunt. They’re relatively easy to use and require little maintenance, making them an ideal first speargun. But which is the best one? When choosing a roller speargun, there are several factors to consider.
First and foremost, anything you purchase must be safe for you and your surroundings. To this end, choose a roller speargun made from materials that won’t cause any damage if they break or fail. Another critical indicator of safety is whether the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty or not on their gear. This article will show the best roller spearguns to help you easily choose the suitable product.
Our team had to focus on researching for 15 hours to get such results for readers. This study uses customer star ratings and customer interviews on their product experiences. In addition, the Mares Bandit Sling Band Speargun with a single flopper is one of the most excellent models available, and it comes highly recommended by us. We also show the other fantastic alternatives with a complete guide worth your consideration below.
RELATED: What is best spear guns of 2023? It all depends on your needs. Our comparisons include the top options, buying guide, and more based on 2,623 customers' feedback.
Our Top Picks
- Mares Bandit Spear Gun
- Designed for Beginners to Intermediate Spear Fishers
- This Item Includes: Bandit Speargun, Tahitian shaft, Dyneema Wishbone, S power speed slings
- Australasian Rigging
- Tahitian Tri-Cut 7mm Spring Steel Shaft w/Single Flopper
- 17-4 Heat Treat Stainless Steel Shark-fin Shaft, Dual Power Helix Bands.
- Hawaiian Style Open Muzzle design for clean line of sight and simplicity. Aircraft Grade Anodized Aluminum barrel with integrated shaft guide.
- Designed by Professional and Commercial Spearfishers for optimal performance and efficiency. Custom modifications allowed include various Shaft/Band Combinations, Reels, Action Camera Mount, or Roller Muzzle Upgrades. Manufactured in the USA.
- EVOLUTION^2 REVERSE Trigger Mechanism increases band stretch and keeps the index finger on-target with the shaft for instinctive accurate shooting. The E^2 Handle also features an ambidextrous speargun safety, WJ Cut stainless steel sear, and metal injection molded stainless trigger pull and line release.
- MOST ACCURATE SPEARGUN IN AMERICA as independently tested by both Hawaii Skin Diver Magazine and Spearing Magazine in their magazine reviews of spearguns.
SALVIMAR Hero Speargun, 135cm,Black,Green,300300/135
- Open Muzzle
- Aircraft Aluminum
- Teflon Track
- Ergonomic Handle
- Heavy Metal Trigger
- The speargun comes with the reel included which has a quick-release bracket to be mounted under the barrel. The speargun is supplied with two elastic bands with a nylon cord (Ø 14mm) and a stainless steel shaft (Ø 6 mm). Reel line not included.
- The Cherokee Fast is designed and manufactured in Italy by Cressi, an Italian brand pioneer in scuba diving, snorkeling and swimming equipment since 1946. The product is covered by a 2-year limited warranty.
- The Cherokee Fast features an anticorodal black barrel with an integrated spear guide, a handle made of engineering plastic reinforced with fiberglass, long or short soft sternal support.
- The ergonomic handle is adjustable, two screws allow you to set a larger or smaller handle. The release mechanism is made combining elements of stainless steel in a body made of long-lasting composite material.
- The open muzzle has a cobra design with soft angles for the bands, lowering friction. The muzzle has a magnetic spear lock system: two magnets integrated into the muzzle in a watertight chamber; to keep the shaft in place and aligned with the speargun.
- All metal parts made of inox steel type 316L marine. Shell is made with anti-corrosive, UV radiation resistant polymer with zero water adsorption (powered by DUPONT)
- Trigger safety for left or right installation. Accepts 6-9mm spear shafts. Camera Mounting kit NOT included.
- Predator Long high precision trigger mechanism that offers great user sensitivity at maximum loads with soft trigger feel and a max load of 375 kg.
- Designed to fit all conventional spearguns in the market with a tube of 26mm inside diameter.
- Designed with all the holes needed to convert your speargun to a roller or invert roller.
- Heavy-duty plastic handle
- Side mounted spring loaded safety
- Contoured red urethane butt end assembly for comfortable loading
- Auto Line Release
- Rest tab may be added for ease of loading and lower power shooting around rocks.
- Pathos Sniper Roller Spear Gun:
- New Aluminum Cuttlefish Shaped Barrel
- Enclosed Track Design
- Latest Addition in Pathos Collection of Guns
- Spear Gun, Shaft, Single Barbed Pointed Tip, Dual Slings
- Roller speargun gets its extra power from the longer band pull
- Reduced recoil from the roller muzzle
- Increase in power allows for better penetration on the target
- ✅Packs a punch with dead-on accuracy
- ✅More power and efficiency than regular band spearguns
- ✅Over one year in development
- ✅Needs only 1 or 2 bands rather than 2 or 3
- ✅Reduced recoil compared to regular band spearguns
- 30mm pure Carbon barrel 2mm thick with roller-floater provides stiffness, low profile carbon rail minimizes friction
- Ergonomic design, standard loading pad, reel base, 1x16mm red TNT circular band & 1x14mm booster with dyneema wishbones
- 7mm Sandvik shark-fin shaft with a single barb and a tri-cut point.
- Open roller muzzle for circular bands with socket for a booster band.
- Anatomic handle D'Angelo II low profile with new stainless steelreverse trigger mechanism adds extra 7cm of loading length
What to Look For in a best roller spearguns?
A range of elements, including those listed below, influence the best roller spearguns. The study process varies depending on the material. We'll be able to assist you and provide solutions since we're here to help you.
Please keep in mind the following points before selecting best roller spearguns:
Types Of Spearguns
Spearguns with pneumatic pistons
You can use compressed air for shooting and it is therefore easier to transport. These can be easier to transport and use underwater but require a pump for loading.
This type of gun is more challenging to service. The air-powered spearguns are best used in shallow waters and can be used for snorkeling. The compressed air's power will decrease as you dive deeper.
Spearguns for bands
These can be made of wood, or sealed tubing. They are very quiet and easy to shoot. One or more rubber band, hooked to the notches on the spear shaft, provide power.
The rubber bands and slings need to be replaced after 6-12 months. This is in order to maintain a strong shoot with adequate range. It is up to you which gun type you like. It is easy and straightforward to load a gun.
You can choose different size band guns to make slings. You also have the possibility to buy additional slings. These are the most common spearfishing guns.
A flopper is the metal piece that's riveted behind the tip. After release, the flopper is flush against your shaft. This maintains streamlining and flips open to catch your fish. You can find many types, but most popular are single Hawaiian and Tahitian flopers as well as the double flopper.
They are more dangerous than their prey and require a gun that is longer and stronger to penetrate and reach them. The gun gets more difficult to use and requires precision aim as it grows in length.
For beginners, it is preferable to have a shorter or medium gun length if you are still learning. Also, shorter guns perform better in narrow spaces, caves, wrecks or reefs.
You will need more reach if you spearfish in open areas. The range of band guns is roughly three times as long depending on how strong and numerous the bands are.
You can adjust the power of a shaft that has more than one notch in a bandgun by using multiple notch. The gun should have a trigger safety, however it is important to note whether the gun can still be operated with just one hand.
A handle clip can be used to attach your gun to a buoy or floating line, or to an angler.
Most guns don't include a reel. However, some firearms will come equipped with a ready-to-use reel. The reel is used for spearfishing, and the reel comes off after spearing a fish. This gives you more room to fish with the reel.
It is easy to load the guns as the rubber band needs to be attached to the shaft. A muzzle open will typically require you to attach the band or sling.
This muzzle is available on firearms that have more than one band. A muzzle that is anatomically designed will allow you to align your shot with precision and accurately aim.
The spear will travel quicker with a thinner shaft, but it has lower penetration power. A smaller shaft is better for small fish, but a thicker shaft will be more effective when hunting large game. The tip can either be threaded or fixed.
While a fixed tip can't be altered, a threaded tip allows for you to change the tips to suit your hunt situation. The most common tip types are Single Flopper and Single Flopper.
RELATED: Our experts compare the good beginner speargun. Examine the most detailed product guides for the brands and products to its customers.
How Do I Carry My Catch?
Divers can use special catch bags to transport items under water. You can choose from many designs and you should avoid any that touch your body. They can restrict your ability to dive underwater, and they can be hazardous as sharks could smell the catch bags. In shark-inhabited areas, it is better to have catch bags attached to a separate float line. You can keep your movements clear and store your catch safely away from sharks or other predators. A speed spike can be attached at the end of the gun to make it easier to attach the fish to the float line. It will then drift away as you swim. Divers may prefer to attach a shorter rope to their guns to hold their fish. Sharks are more likely to be close to divers than they are to humans in certain areas.
Can I Use Spearguns From A Pier Or Boat?
Spearguns were not made for water use and there have been fatalities from spearguns being used in these situations. Adreno doesn't recommend spearguns being used in such a way. It is difficult to aim accurately at water objects when standing on the surface.
Are Spearguns Illegal?
Spearguns are legal, but they're not prohibited. However, there are restrictions on where and when you can use spearguns. Some states ban the use spearguns and scuba gear. Other states have restrictions regarding the species that you can shoot.
How Far Can Spearguns Shoot?
It is unlikely that you will be able to reach the same range as a gun. It all depends on what type of speargun and how strong the rubber is. For an effective distance, a good rule of thumb is to aim for 3x your speargun's length. You may find it easier to hit the targets farther away when you practice.
You'll be ecstatic to witness one in action. This video is a great visual representation of spearguns shooting and how far they can be shot.
How Do I Secure My Speargun When I Am In The Water?
You may lose things underwater, as your eye-tohand coordination is not the same as it is on land. If you're wearing gloves or diving gear, this is especially true. Attach your speargun to a line of float using a shark clip to keep it secure and avoid losing it. Your speargun can be easily recovered if you shoot a bigger fish or if it is stuck in a cave.
Are Pneumatic Spearguns Good?
They can. They are more precise because of the way they shoot. You don't need to worry about rubber.
A pneumatic speargun's power will determine how difficult it is to load. To make your life easier, look for loaders that are included in any purchase.
Pneumatic spearguns are precision-engineered, but as a result, they can often be rendered useless by dirt or grit. They are difficult to maintain because the firing mechanism is completely enclosed. A banded spearfishing weapon is the best option.
When updated data are available, our system and editor will update a list of best roller spearguns. Please periodically review our website for the newest data.
We can help you with more than just finding best roller spearguns. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you need assistance.