The Best Meat Slicer For Beef Jerky: Greatest Buying Guide In 2023
Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall: Weston Manual Single-Support Jerky Slicer, Charcoal Gray
Weston Jerky Slicer is a powerful and versatile machine that slices even the toughest cuts of meat. It has a durable food-safe coating that prevents it from rusting and helps prevent jamming. This jerky slicer is constructed with heavy-duty cast iron and stainless steel that is easy to clean up, meaning you can spend more time enjoying your favorite jerky while less time cleaning up after it.
2. Best For The Price: Guide Gear 2-in-1 Meat Tenderizer Machine Jerky Slicer Tool Heavy-Duty
Build your own jerky at home with the 2-in-1 meat tenderizer machine with jerky slicer. The manual meat tenderizer is easy-to-use with a hand-crank operation and comes with 2 sets of interchangeable blades. Slice and tenderize even the toughest meats with this meat tenderizing slicing machine. The cast-iron crank spins easily for a smooth, quiet operation and the contraption is easy to disassemble for an easy cleanup.
This manual slicer is designed with grooves to avoid the rolling of stick-shaped medicinal materials on the table, making cutting more easily. The medicine materials filled with grooves at one time can also be easily handled, which saves labor and improves efficiency. With a storage shovel, you can directly pick up it and pour the sliced into the packaging bag after the slicing is completed. And the bottom of the bracket has a magnetic design, which can fix a storage shovel without moving.
4. Best Portable: Weston Realtree Edge 2-in-1 Jerky Slicer & Cuber/Tenderizer, White
Weston’s Realtree Edge 2-in-1 is a high-quality, heavy-duty, commercial-grade product. The cast aluminum construction with durable food-grade coating makes this slicer extremely tough, yet easy to clean. With stainless steel jerky slicer and cuber/tenderizer blades included, the blade assembly is simple to use, adjust or replace for those break downs on the trail.
If you have read some other articles on this site, then you know I am a huge fan of beef jerky. It is my go-to snack, and in my opinion, it is the perfect portable meat. The jerky flavors are so simple and perfect, but they can get complicated when you start talking about different cut types, marinades, spices, etc.
To keep things simple and ensure your jerky is as perfect as possible, it makes sense to invest in a quality beef jerky maker. In this post, we will talk about which type of meat slicer is right for you, some of the best meat slicer for beef jerky on the market, and we will even give you tips on how to use your new machine most effectively!
In addition to the above products, we recommend you some other products of similar quality, suitable for your needs.
Our experts have determined the models that would be the most excellent fit for your requirements, specifically Weston Manual Single-Support Jerky Slicer, Charcoal Gray, after extensive study and analysis over a considerable time. Consider Guide Gear 2-in-1 Meat Tenderizer Machine Jerky Slicer Tool Heavy-Duty as an alternative if you're still undecided. Other suggestions on this list are definitely worth considering, and we've put up a helpful shopping guide to help you decide!
Our Top Picks
- Accepts meat up to 1 1/4 inch thick and 5 inches wide
- Stainless steel combs prevent the meat from jamming
- C-clamps to counters up to 2" Thick
- Heavy duty cast iron construction with a durable food-safe coating
- 32 stainless steel blades cut the meat in up to fifteen 1/4 inch Thick strips at once
- 2 piece housing disassembles
- Accepts bulk meat up to 5 inches wide and 1. 25 inch Thick
- No more messy work of slicing by hand
- Aluminum body, Stainless Steel combs prevent jamming by meat from wrapping around the blades
- Includes stainless steel tongs for safe handling of meats
Best For The Price
Guide Gear 2-in-1 Meat Tenderizer Machine Jerky Slicer Tool Heavy-Duty
- EASY-TO-USE MACHINE – This manual meat tenderizer is easy-to-use with a hand-crank operation using a cast-iron crank with a plastic handle. Disassembles for easy cleanup.
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES – Heavy-duty meat tenderizer with stainless steel blades for tenderizing and slicing. Comes with 2 sets of interchangeable blades.
- WORKS ON THE TOUGHEST MEAT – Slice and tenderize even the toughest meats with this meat tenderizing slicing machine. Works with meat up to 4"w. x 0.8" thick.
- STURDY, FREESTANDING BASE – Get the most out of your game with this meat tenderizer tool. Sturdy, freestanding base with c-clamps that secure it to a tabletop.
- 2-IN-1 TENDERIZER AND SLICER – The 2-in-1 meat tenderizer machine with jerky slicer tenderizes tough cuts of meat, plus slices them to the perfect thickness for homemade jerky.
- SMALL GIFTS FOR YOU--With a storage shovel, you can directly pick up it and pour the sliced into the packaging bag after the slicing is completed. And the bottom of the bracket has a magnetic design, which can fix the storage shovel without moving.
- MINI SIZE BUT WITH STRONG ABILITY--With 4mm thick 30Cr13 stainless steel blade, almost all kinds of dry medicinal materials can be cut. BUT materials like ginseng, panax notoginseng and american ginseng, need to be softened before cutting, generally heated in the microwave for 10 seconds. BESIDES, radiused biltong, hard fruits and vegetables can also be cut by our radiused cutter.
- BENDING CUTTER & DOUBLE BLADE--The curved knife facilitates fine slicing with both a simultaneous cutting and rolling. And upper and lower double blade edge will also helps cutting easily, and cutting for a long time will not be tired, greatly reducing the labor intensity of processing materials.
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING THICKNESS--The cutting thickness can be adjusted by rotating the nut and then pulling out or pushing the cutting baffle. And the adjustable range of thickness is 0-12mm. (The specific adjusting method can be refered in pictures at details page)
- THICK SOLID WOOD BOTTOM, GROOVE BASE--Made of solid rubber, the base of this cutter is stable and durable enough. And the base is designed with grooves to avoid the rolling of stick-shaped medicinal materials on the table, making cutting more easily. The medicinal materials filled with grooves at one time can also be easily handled, which saves labor and improves efficiency.
- Cast aluminium construction with durable food-grade coating
- One-year limited Weston
- Bpa free in food zones
- Stainless steel tongs keep hands from touching meat or blades
- C-clamps for mounting securely to Table or countertop
- Stainless steel jerky slicer and cuber/tenderizer blades included
- FINALLY, HERE’S A MEAT SLICER THAT WILL PASS THE TEST OF TIME - Unlike all those cheaply-made food slicers, our meat slicer is made from premium-quality die-cast aluminum, which is not only super-durable, but also rustproof and easy to clean. As a result, you can rest assured that your robust meat slicer will endure any abuse without skipping a beat
- PRECISELY CUT SALAMI, HAM, MORTADELLA, CHORIZO OR PEPPERONI with our multipurpose and reliable meat slicer, which will allow you to enjoy your favorite cold cuts, hard cheeses, fruit, vegetables or even bread like never before. All you have to do is adjust the desired thickness for your food. You can easily choose from razor-thin to ½” slices and start slicing like a pro
- SPOIL YOUR LOVED ONES WITH THE MOM-APPROVED HOUSEWARMING GIFT IDEA. Surprise your wife, girlfriend, sister, mother, daughter, granddaughter or grandmother with our professional-grade electric meat precision slicer today. She will love the easy-to-clean design (thanks to the removable blade) while the sturdy, non-slip construction will make slicing meat a breeze
- A MUST-HAVE KITCHEN ACCESSORY FOR EVERY MODERN HOUSEHOLD - Have you ever thought how easier your life would be if you had a practical meat slicer at your disposal, Whether you are planning a wine-tasting night with your friends, a Christmas party with your family or just want to make yummy sandwiches for your kids every single day, our meat slicer is a must-have
- DAZZLE YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY WITH THE MOST DELICIOUS FINELY-SLICED MEATS with the Elite Platinum premium electric meat slicer, which is specifically designed to help you save precious time, effort and money. How, Now you don’t have to go to the store and get sliced meat or cheese anymore. You can easily do it yourself at home with our user-friendly food slicer
- Safe & easy: blade and food holder remove for safe, easy cleaning. Suction grip bottom ensures sturdy usage.
- Heavy duty: designed with a spacious sliding food carriage, prime Coated steel and die-cast aluminum housing.
- 7.5” blade: sharp 7.5” stainless steel cutting blade, driven by 180 watts of fast, high yield slicing power.
- Thin or Thick: adjust the Thickness handle from super thin to approximately 3/4 ‘’ Thick for precision sliced roasts, deli and cheeses.
- ETL certified: we, at Gourmia, take the quality of our products seriously. This product is ETL certified so you can be confident that you’re receiving a safe, efficient, high quality appliance.
- Full stainless steel sliding food carriage. 180 watt motor/120 volt. Never immerse the Motor of this appliance in water or other liquid
- Adjustable thickness control knob for 9/16"
- NOTE: Refer the User Guide before use.
- Dual safety feature
- Die cast aluminum food press
- Large, detachable 8.7" hardened stainless steel serrated blade handles a wide range of food sizes and shapes
- High quality stainless steel blade; Slice wafer-thin up to 10mm thick
- Sliding food tray, food pusher and high precision thickness knob
- Heavy-duty commercial grade food slicer (8.5")
- Slice meat, cheese, bread, vegetables and fruit quickly and easily
- ETL approved; CE certified; 200-watt belt-driven motor; 532 RPM
- [Multi-function]-The first time cut into meat slice, second time cut into shredded meat, third time cut into cubes. It can siut any meat which is not with BONES and FREEZE, such as chicken, fish, beef, mutton and so on.
- [Safety assurance]-The machine is equipped with Micro Switch Protection. When open the cover, the machine will immediately power off, better safeguarding users'safety.
- [Durable & easy to clean]-The machine is made of thicked full stainless steel, comprehensive waterproof, rust-free, can be washed directly.
- [Quick enough]-Upgraded 85mm blade, 550W pure copper motor faster meat cutting, can process 352LBS meat per hour, which can be absolutely applied to business and home. The blade can be replaced with different sizes.
- [Note]: The following types of meat are easy to get stuck during cutting: large pieces of meat, stale meat, cooked meat, beef tendon. Please do not use this machine for cutting or pre-processing before cutting.
- Chute is 5 1/4" x 1 1/4"
- 2 sets of rollers
- Will accept up to 1-1/4" thick and 4 3/4" wide
- Cast Aluminum
- 22 stainless steel blades
What Are the Key Factors for Customers to Follow to Pick best meat slicer for beef jerky?
A range of influences contributes to the best meat slicer for beef jerky. Depending on the product, there are several ways to study it. As a result, we've come to lend a hand, offer advice, and offer answers to these issues.
A thorough search of trustworthy websites should be conducted using as many resources as feasible. Our experts use high-tech tools and a well-tuned product listing system to provide a sort of service.
It'd also be fascinating to go more into the development and analysis of these aspects. Consider the following tips in mind:
A 120 to 200 watt motor is sufficient for a basic home slicer, with a 7- or 8-inch blade. This is especially true if you only need to cut meats, cheeses and other vegetables.
A 320-420 watt motor is required for commercial-oriented units that have a 9- to 12-inch blade. Keep in mind that the motor's wattage will determine how much power it can generate for cutting.
Meat slicer injuries are most common when the machine accidentally turns on. This can be avoided by many manufacturers including a recessed blade switch and a locking mechanism that needs to be released after each use.
Safety is even more critical if children are young and may try to emulate mom or dad by playing with the meat slicer.
Ease Of Use
Also, automated slicers make it easier to cut large quantities of meat faster. You should consider buying an automatic slicer for if your job involves chopping meat several times per day.
Many automatic slicers include a manual setting that allows for better control of the cut.
Large-scale, large-scale operation are easier with automatic slicers. But, manual meat slicers are much more user-friendly and can be used immediately without requiring any preparation.
Check to see if any meat slicers have a cleaning leg. These make it easier to clean the meat cutter.
It is important to measure the tray. Larger meat trays allow for faster cuts. It will be easier to transfer more meat onto smaller trays.
You may spend significantly longer cleaning the meat slicer if you don't have either one of these design elements.
A larger blade of nine- to twelve inches is needed for those who need something more robust and will be slicing lean meats to use on the barbecue or grill.
Remember to consider your muscle power too! Do you have the strength to lift a heavy machine into and out of cabinets? Are you able to leave your machine on the counter because there is enough room?
How To Clean A Meat Slicer?
You should clean the meat slicer with a good sanitizer and some water.
The risk of damaging your slicer blades with regular soap is high. However, using a sanitizer and thoroughly cleaning the blade will eliminate this problem.
Online shopping is a great way to find commercial hand sanitizers. Use gloves when applying the sanitizer. Concentrated sanitizers can be very rough on skin.
To prevent rust, rinse the meat slicer well after it's been cleaned and dried.
Don't forget about lubricating the moving parts of your meat slicer. You should lubricate the feeder tray, which slides into and out of the machine and brings the meat to the cutting edges.
Food-safe lubricants are the best to use as they won't damage the blades and other components of your slicer.
What Is Better? Serrated Or Smooth Blades?
The serrated blades have sharp teeth that line the cutting surface. This creates a sawlike motion in cutting meat. When cutting thicker or leaner meats, serrated blades can be preferred. Also, serrated blades work better when cutting bread or certain types of vegetables.
The non-serrated or thinner blades will produce a much finer cut that their serrated counterparts. Smooth blades are preferred when cutting thin pieces of fatty meats like salami and prosciutto.
Each is useful and each one has their place. This is why most meat slicer enthusiasts choose to purchase one or both, and can change between the two when necessary.
What Is A Good Wattage For A Meat Slicer?
Two main factors determine the wattage requirement: blade size and type of food being chopped. Most slicers come with either a 120-200 watt motor or standard 7-inch or 8-inch blades. Users will be able to cut basic vegetables and deli meats with no difficulty.
A 320-420 watt motor is required for a blade measuring nine- to twelve inches in length. This will allow users to easily cut large slabs of meat.
What's The Difference Between Automatic And Manual Meat Slicers?
All models today were manual meat slicers, which means that they must be operated by a person to cause them to cut. The automatic slicers on the other side don't need a human operator. Once the meat is placed in the food carriage it starts slicing.
Automatic slicers tend to be used only in commercial establishments, and very seldom found at home. Manual slicers can be found in supermarkets and delis, so all the food slicers included on this page fall under the manual category.
How To Sharpen A Meat Slicer?
Your slicer blade should be sharpened at least once a month. This will ensure that your meat cutter continues to produce great results, even after many uses.
Sharpener attachments are available in some meat slicer kits. You will need to buy a separate sharpener tool if this is not the case.
No matter what, make sure to clean the meat slicer blade before you use it.
You can also apply a cooking oil or sharpening oils to the blade's surface and edge.
After that, align your blade with the sharpening edge.
You will need to position your blade edge as close as possible for most sharpening stones or attachments.
Simply sharpen the blade to restore its edge. The blade should appear to have regained its edge. However, you may be able tell by looking at it.
You should not oversharpen the meat slicer blade. Too sharp edges can easily be bent or crushed when they are used next.
How Often Should You Clean Your Meat Slicer?
After using a meat cutter to slice meat, you should wash it at minimum once per week.
You have the possibility of meat juices, bacteria and other substances coating the blades. If bacteria is not eliminated from the cutter, then it could also get into the machine.
Also, clean your meat cutter every so often even though you haven’t used it for some time.
You can improve the condition of your blades by keeping them clean. While it is resting, it won't lose its quality and will continue to function well until you use it again.
We decide facts since we are product consulting professionals with extensive expertise. Even so, we maintain and update the list of best meat slicer for beef jerky so the information is correct and up to date.
After reading this article, you should discover that selecting a best meat slicer for beef jerky that is both handy and economical to you is not difficult. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require assistance.