The Best Diving Watch Of 2024: Great Picks & Buying Guide
Our Top Picks
This Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Diver Quartz Men's Watch is a must-have for the aspiring diver. This timepiece is water resistant, comes in a stainless steel case and has a rubber strap for easy comfortability. It also has a chronograph, date and day display and a 10 ATM water resistance rating.
ORIENT Men's Mako II Automatic Stainless Steel Dive Watch is a professional tool that will accompany you on your next dive. The Mako II has a 200 meter water resistant feature, which allows it to be used for diving without worry of any damage. It also has a screw-down crown and bezel for added security and protection.
3. Best Quality: Casio Men's DW290-1V "Classic" Sport Watch
Casio Men's DW290-1V "Classic" Sport Watch is an ideal watch for those looking for a simple, reliable timepiece that looks great. It features a tough resin band with mineral glass and water resistance up to 200 meters, making it ideal for all occasions.
4. Best Performance: Orient Men's Kamasu Stainless Steel Japanese Automatic Diving Watch
Designed with a stainless steel case, Kamasu is a perfect timepiece for the professional diver. The sapphire crystal protects against damage, while the 200m water resistant and the 200-hour power reserve ensure precision and reliability.
If you’re interested in the science of what drives us to explore, then you might want to check out our article on Why People Dive. Luckily, not everyone has a scientific interest in diving. For most of us, it’s just about enjoying its beautiful and sometimes serene side.
Fortunately, there are lots of different ways to dive. Whether you plan on taking your first-ever plunge or just enjoy occasional snorkeling trips with friends and family, diving offers an experience for everyone. So if you’re looking for the ideal watch for your next underwater adventure, read on!.
You can count on our team of experts who have spent over 15 hours conducting surveys through 3,376 real customer reviews. Because of this, we came to the conclusion that the best-reviewed product is Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Diver Quartz Men's Watch, Stainless Steel. And ORIENT Men's 'Mako II' Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel Diving Watch is another choice for you while keeping the product's quality and functionality.
RELATED: Our experts compare the best underwater watches. Examine the most detailed product guides for the brands and products to its customers.
Our Top Picks
- Watch Movement Type: Japanese Quartz
- "Case Material.Gold-Tone,Stainless Steel,Promaster Crown,One-Way Rotating Elapsed Time Bezel.
- Band Color: Blue. Avoid recharging your watch in areas of high temperatures (over about 60 °C / 140 °F), otherwise the sensitive components of the watch may become damaged
- Band Material Type: Polyurethane. Lug width: 20mm, band length: 206mm
- Sport Type: Diving;Swimming;Outdoor Lifestyle
- Mineral crystal
- Crown:Screwed-down.120-Click unidirectional bezel
- Water Resistant 200m (660ft): in General, Suitable for Professional Marine Activity and Serious Surface Water Sports, but not Diving
- Case Diameter: 41.5mm without crown. Lug width - 22 millimeters
- Japanese-automatic Movement
- Quartz movement
- Water resistant to 660 feet (200 M): suitable for recreational scuba diving
- Hourly time signal; calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2029); 12and 24 hour formats
- 1/100 second digital stopwatch; measuring modes: elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month; battery CR2016; approx. battery life: 2 years
Orient Men's Kamasu Stainless Steel Japanese Automatic Diving Watch
- Japanese-automatic Movement
- Water resistant 200m (660ft): in general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not diving
- 120-Click Unidirectional Bezel
- Sapphire Crystal
- Case Diameter: 41.8mm
- Choose modes for single and multiple gas dives (including nitrox and trimix), gauge, apnea and closed circuit rebreather (CCR); plan your dives directly on the device
- Dive log lets you store and review data from up to 200 dives — and share online via Garmin Connect and its included mobile app
- Built-in sensors include 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter as well as GPS and GLONASS capability that lets you mark your dive entry and exit points for surface navigation (GPS tracking and satellite communication does not work underwater)
- Features Elevate wrist heart rate technology with multisport activity profiles, performance metrics and smart notifications (when paired with a compatible smartphone
- Premium full-featured dive computer with surface GPS in a sleek watch-style design; with bright 1. 2” color display and TOPO mapping
- Included Components: Descent Mk1 With Black Band; Extra-Long Adjustment Strap; Charging/Data Cable; Documentation
- Case Diameter: 44mm
- 120-Click unidirectional bezel
- Mineral crystal
- Japanese-automatic Movement
- Water resistant 200 m (660ft): in general, suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports, but not diving
- Japanese quartz movement, PC32A Caliber; Assembled in Japan; SR626SW battery included; Watch weight: 183 grams
- Mineral crystal; Push/pull crown; Uni-directional stainless steel bezel with blue and red top bezel ring; 200 meter water resistant: Suitable for professional marine activity and surface water sports. Suitable for diving.
- Stainless steel case 47mm diameter x 13.5mm thick; Blue dial; Luminous hands and hour markers
- Stainless steel band, 225mm L x 22mm W; Band is adjustable by adding/removing links; Fold over safety clasp
- Time of immersion
- Computer underwater
- Alarmes programmables
- Time spent on the surface, memorization of the data of immersion
- Temperature of the water
- Remotely control all your i470TC settings, view your log and profile data, add location, notes and other details, as well as store and share photos and videos of your dive.
- 4 operating modes: Air, Nitrox, Gauge, and Freedive.
- Using your smartphone, tablet, or laptop with the DiverLog+ app (available for iOS and Android) to wirelessly interact with your i470TC via the latest Bluetooth Smart technology.
- User-changeable standard battery and data retention. Maintains settings and calculations between battery changes.
- Bluetooth connects wirelessly to Aqua Lung`s free DiverLog+ app.
- 【Dual Time Display】This dive watch has digital and analog dual time display, satisfy your different demands. The electro luminescent backlight helps you see the time display brightly and clearly in the dark.
- 【Support Digital and Analog Movements】Precise display of month, day, date, hour, minute and second. 12/24 hour format selectable. Note: The battery is replaceable. If you find that the watch is not working or the text on the display is not clear, please replace the watch battery in time.
- 【Versatile Watch】 This underwater sport watch has stopwatch, countdown timer, alarm and it supports 2 time zones time display mode. It's the best daily and outdoor sports companion.
- 【10ATM Water Resistant】 With 100m water resistant, the sport watch is great for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving and other activities that involve water.
- 【Comfortable to Wear】 The sports dive watch is light and comfortable, adjustable watch band to any size length you want to fit your wrist. Sturdy and soft rubber material guarantee the durability of the diving digital watch.
What Factors Should You Consider While Choosing best diving watch?
Getting to the best decision for a product purchase may take a bit of time. In a nutshell, we're available to serve you with your product problems at all hours of the day and night!
You can rest assured if you consider the following points before selecting best diving watch:
Displays of dots-matrix work as long as the data can be viewed.
The latest models in the top-of-the-range range come equipped with Organic Light-Emitting Diodes, (OLED), which provide clarity and vivid colors.
The USB port will be included on the basic model, but advanced models have Bluetooth.
It's easier to use large buttons between tasks. Keep in mind that you will likely be wearing thick gloves.
It is important that your battery can be changed easily without the need for expert servicing.
Multiple Operating Modes
The basic units are capable of handling at most one gas and nitrox mixture.
To be able to dive with technical gas mixtures, you need a computer that can handle multiple functions.
Rebreather is a mode to be considered. It calculates the rebreather limits.
The feature should be available to freediving fans.
Do You Need A Dive Computer For Freediving?
Freedivers should have a dive computer. This computer not only helps you to stay safe while freediving, but it also boosts your performance.
Are Dive Computers Suitable For Beginners?
Diver computers make it easy for novice divers to use. Dive computers will make safe diving much more enjoyable and alert you when there are any issues with decompression.
How Long Does A Dive Computer Last?
Battery life is dependent on how often you dive and the hours spent diving. One dive computer is capable of supporting 50 dives per year on average.
If you are able to use the device for at least an hour each day, your dive computer can last as long as 300 days before needing to be replaced.
Do I Really Need A Dive Computer?
Divers can see how long they've been submerged and the time remaining. It can also calculate your Nitrogen level, which helps to decrease the chance of getting decompression sick.
Can You Use A Dive Computer As A Watch?
Dive computers are designed to cater for diving activities. Some of these computers are too bulky to be worn every day as wristwatches.
However, modern technology has made some of these dive computers more fashionable and compact for daily use. They can also be worn as digital watches with an optional bracelet or watch mode.
Can Dive Computers Replace Compression Tables?
The benefit is that dive computers are much more user-friendly than decompression tables. After you input your main dive data, the computer automatically calculates the pressure of any inert gas in your body. Divers will be notified if there are any missed ascent rates or decompression stops by the computer.
In general, product information and news are now available to users. In addition, as previously said, the Internet is constantly updated with new technology. Thus, customers will need to be informed so please subscribe to our newsletter or visit our website frequently to check the latest information.
Do you have any product-related questions or concerns you'd like to share? As a result of your efforts, we will attempt to ensure even greater standards of excellence!