The Best Camping Griddle: Top Picks For 2023
Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall: Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle 2 Burner
With a sleek, low-profile design and a cooktop big enough for parties or catering events, the Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle is perfect for any outdoor entertaining. The grill is designed with multiple heat zones to give you a versatile cooking surface.
2. Best For The Price: Camp Chef Professional Fry Griddle
The Camp Chef Professional Fry Griddle is an all-in-one, heavy-duty cast iron cooking solution. The cast iron construction offers even heat distribution and reduces hot spots, while the heat diffuser plates allow for even heating and more efficient cook. Includes grease drain, grease cup holder, and easy-to-read thermometer for perfect grilling every time.
3. Best Performance: Blackstone Tabletop Griddle, 1666, Heavy Duty Flat Top Griddle
The griddle surface is made of rolled carbon steel which is durable and corrosion-resistant. The legs are made from durable, yet flexible rubber which provides excellent stability on any surface, from grassy hills to muddy terrain. With its height adjustable legs, it can be used on any type of table or countertop.
The Royal Gourmet PD1202R is a portable, 18-inch table top grill with a convenient, sturdy design. With sturdy feet and a durable aluminum body, this grill is perfect for outdoor cooking events like camping and tailgating. The grill features an easy assembly process that allows you to start grilling in no time.
Cooking on a campfire or in your RV can be done easily with the help of a camping griddle. If you are planning to go camping, then you should have a griddle too. There are various models of best camping griddles available in the market.
You should pick the one that will suit your needs and preferences. Read through this article for some useful tips about what to look for when buying a camping griddle, and which brands are worth your money.
You can count on our team of experts who have spent over 20 hours conducting surveys through 6,498 real customer reviews. Because of this, we came to the conclusion that the best-reviewed product is Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle 2 Burner. And Camp Chef Professional Fry Griddle is another choice for you while keeping the product's quality and functionality.
RELATED: We did the research for you. With our tests and trials, here are accurate descriptions of the best camp stoves available in the market.
Our Top Picks
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 470sq inches of flat top grilling, This griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, Quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, Potatoes, Teppanyaki style foods and more. Also enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - If you are not completely satisfied at any point please feel free to contact Blackstone directly or return the product. Blackstone is a leader in the outdoor cooking category and stands behind their product large or small, guaranteeing your satisfaction!
- Heavy-duty steel construction, Large cooking area to handle lots of food
- Includes grease drain and grease cup holder
- Make your outdoor adventures a delicious affair with Blackstone 22" tabletop griddle. This portable griddle has everything you need to whip up a smorgasbord of eggs, crunchy hash browns, crispy bacon and fluffy pancakes all at the same time.
- Powerful "H" burners for even heat: This heavy duty griddle is powered by two "H" style burners that ensure optimal heat distribution and even cooking. Both the burners feature built-in igniters and can be controlled independently, allowing you to cook food at different temperatures.
- PORTABLE AND CONVENIENT: Portable and easy to store. With sturdy feet for enhanced stability, this table top grill is perfect for any outdoor cooking events, like camping and tailgating, by using 1 lb. propane bottles as fuel (not included).
- 221 INCH COOKING SURFACE AND PORCELAIN ENAMELED TOP: Tabletop grill comes with 18-inch glossy porcelain-enameled cooking surface (221 sq. in.) and can cook 8 patties at once.
- Spacious griddle top offers 285 sq. in. of cooking area for eggs, pancakes, and more
- Dishwasher-safe, non-stick surface with grease management channel
- Grill griddle accessory expands the cooking range of Coleman RoadTrip Grills
- 361 sq. inch heavy-duty cooking surface
- Uses a 1 lb. propane bottle (not included) or a 20 lb. propane tank with the addition of the bulk tank hose adapter accessory (not included)
Best Easy To Use
Sensarte Nonstick Griddle Grill Pan, Reversible Grill & Griddle Pan
- Sturdy Body and Easy To Clean - The nonstick inside is made of cast aluminum, which is more durable and sturdy. Super easy to clean up,just wipe it with a paper towel or rinse it with water. Dishwasher safe.
- Reversible Grill & Griddle - This stone cookware is reversible. One side is flat griddle, you can cook pancakes or sandwiches on it, and the other is ribbed grill, it's best for grilling steaks or veggies.
- PORTABLE, ON-THE-GO DESIGN: Unique mobile cart design makes it easy to fold for storage or transportation
- BACKYARD GRILLING MACHINE: Outdoor 25-inch griddle made with dual burners for BBQ cookout weekends with friends and family all summer long
- 【Easy to Clean】Electric griddle body made of stainless steel. Large oil spill besides cooking board conveniently drains oil into the drawer below. It is easy to take off for cleaning.
- 【Enough Cooking Area】Large size steel cooking surface of 28.7" x 15.7" (730 x 400MM). Cooking Plate Thickness: 0.3" (8 mm), it won't deform easily. With dense heating coils, foods are able to be cooked evenly and thoroughly compared with cheap sparse coils.
- Perfect grill accessory for Coleman RoadTrip Swaptop camping grills; NOTE: The lid can not close completely which the same as Coleman’s griddle, and it can works great still; NOTE: The lid can not close completely which the same as Coleman’s griddle, and it can works great still.
- Easy to use and clean. Note: Please kindly check the model of your coleman grills before purchase
- Premium-grade and heavy-duty cast iron griddle pan tray, sturdy for a long-lasting performance
Buying Guides For Efficiently Picking The best camping griddle
Experts advise that it is necessary to take a close look at the style, functionality, and value of the items you love. The most highly recommended way to know if a product is the best is by its quality checking.
The quality of the best camping griddle will be a vital factor, which plays a decisive role in your experience of this product. Moreover, you guys always wanna products with high-quality standards and valuable characteristics, which best suits your desired needs.
So, how can you know if your selected best camping griddle is of the best quality? The buying guide section below will present to you some tips for the most efficient purchase. Take a close look at the following guides!
Weight And Packed Size
Packing size is what matters more. You have a limited amount of space at your campsite or in your vehicle. You should check to make sure the stove can fit into a bag, is covered, and where the grill and fuel lines are stored. Are all the pieces stored in one place? Are accessories taking up more space than the main item? All these factors should be considered for your individual preferences and needs.
Performance In Wind
It's not something that you should learn while on a 10 day camping trip along the New England coast. You can check the specifications, find out if your stove offers windscreens, and review customer experiences.
You can make your stove more efficient in colder areas by purchasing extra BTUs if you live in windy regions.
Lower BTUs are good for light and simmering cooking. Higher BTUs, which are above 10,000, indicate high heat cooking. This is great for longer cook times as well as for quick boiling of large quantities of water.
Fuel Types And Capacities
Time To Boil
While some stoves boil in three minutes, others can take up to 10 minutes. A stove with the highest boiling time is considered a good stove. However, it doesn't always mean that the stove will be the most efficient. You may need to give up some boiling time if you want certain features like a lighter stove or an igniter.
The stoves that we tested were all able to light/start and heat the water in less than 8 minutes.
Ignition: Strikers Vs. Matches
Metal and flint are other options for sparking. A camp stove with an integrated igniter is my preference. As long as it works well, I will always use this option.
A match is your last choice for lighting your camp stove. Matches can prove to be wasteful and fragile. They also don't all hold up well in harsh weather. As an alternative, you can always take flint and some matches.
Number Of Burners
Two-burner stoves remain the norm. There are many options for single-burner stoves, as well as a handful of three-burner models.
What Burn Time Should I Look Out For?
Stoves are often advertised with their boil and burn times. This is especially important if your campsite is far from civilization. You should also consider your weight, especially if backpacking. It is also useful to transport and store your stove in its own containers or bag.
Are Multi-Fuel Stoves Difficult To Use?
No. They do require more preparation and care than canister stoves. They are easy to learn once you have the necessary procedures.
I’m Going To Travel. Which Type Of Stove Would Be Best?
It depends. A backpacking stove is the best option if you are traveling on foot with a backpack. Car? Get a camping stove for your car. Check with the airline to find out what they allow you to bring aboard, and what fuels will be available. Most airlines won't allow you to fly without fuel.
Which Is Better — A Butane Or Propane Camping Stove?
Butane as well as propane both have pros and cons. Both gases are compressed gases, which is gas stored in liquid form. Butane performs less in colder temperatures. There are many sizes of propane canisters. This makes it easier to find the right size for your needs.
You should consider the climate in which you will be using your camp stove most often. You can also find propane in large cities, rural areas, and general stores close to national parks or state lines.
What Size Do I Need?
There are many sizes of stoves, from small ultra-light ones to large multi-hob models with grills. These can be used to prepare almost any meal you make at home. A simple, small camping stove is sufficient for camping solo or with your partner.
A lightweight backpacking stove that can work in all weather conditions is worth it if you are going on an extended expedition or wild camping trip. We recommend buying the largest camping stove possible if you plan to take your family on a camping trip. Having multiple burners allows you to cook in every field.
Backpacking Stove Vs. Camping Stove: What's The Difference?
The backpacking stoves can be small, single-burner units. They fit into a backpack or even your palm. They weigh in at a mere ounce. However, camping stoves are only used for "base camp", whether you're camping in a car, truck, National Parks or somewhere else.
The camp stove is larger and more heavy (8-14 lbs) and can be placed on top of a truck bed, tabletop, picnic table or camp table to convert your campsite into a kitchen.
You now have all of the information you need to camp, cook, and just enjoy the outdoors.
Can You Use A Camping Stove Inside A Tent?
No. No. Your tent may catch on fire, and your body could be engulfed in a molten nylon coating, leading to a terrible, unimaginable death.
What Stove Is Best For Cooking Actual Food?
A stove with enough BTU output and can heat is the best. It can be used to cook food in a pot. These stoves are generally used for car camping/basecamp cooking.
In short, we’ve included all the most outstanding best camping griddle found on the market during this time. Simultaneously, the detailed description and useful tips for best camping griddle selection are shown with clarity. In case you cannot afford these options, then the PIT BOSS PB336GS Two Burner Portable Flat Top Griddle - Cover Included will be your new buddy. If you want more information about the best camping griddle, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is always here to support you guys!