The Best And Safest Convertible Car Seat Of 2024: Reviews And Buyers Guide
Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall: Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat, Ride Rear Facing Longer
The Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat is engineered with a revolutionary patented Graco ProtectPlus system that makes this car seat more comfortable, safe and easy to use. Features a no-rethread headrest and harness adjuster for an even safer experience.
2. Best For The Price: Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
Safety 1st Grow is a 3-in-1 car seat that's designed to grow with your child. It features an extended use design to accommodate children through 3 stages of growth, so they can continue using it as they grow older. The grow and go's side impact protection helps keep your child safe.
3. Best Adjustable: Britax One4Life ClickTight All-in-One Car Seat, Convertible
For an easy, safe installation, Britax One4Life ClickTight Car Seat is the perfect solution. It comes with a ClickTight installation that allows you to install in three easy steps, giving you peace of mind every time your child gets in and out of the seat. This convertible car seat grows with your child as they grow up from 5 pounds to 120 pounds and up to 63 inches tall.
4. Best Convenience: Evenflo EveryFit 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
EveryFit 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is the first ever convertible car seat with built-in side impact protection that reduces crash forces up to 30%. Machine-washable fabrics are easy to remove for cleaning. Dual integrated cup holders removable snack tray to put drinks and snacks within arm's reach.
When your baby is born, you get excited to start out on the road with them. But are you also worried about their safety and security? You want them to enjoy the freedom of being in a car with you, but at the same time, you don’t want your child to get hurt or trapped inside the car if anything happens along the way. Luckily for you as a parent, this isn’t something that every other parent has to deal with.
With just a bit of research and planning ahead, it’s easy to see how you can take advantage of convertible car seats. These types of seats grow with your child from newborn through toddlerhood and beyond. To keep them safe and secure while they travel in whatever vehicle they may be riding in...
You'll have an easier time deciding with our Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat, Ride Rear Facing Longer recommendations. However, in order to provide the reader with a wider variety of alternatives, we recommend adding Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Convertible Car Seat if you are interested in purchasing another appealing one.
Here are the buying guides that we specially made for you guys. Follow all the words below for successful shopping!
RELATED: In 2024, we tried to compare highlights such as price, pros, and cons of each product. Then we put together this list best 2 in 1 car seat for you! Join us right here to find out!
Our Top Picks
- Up to 50 pounds rear facing, allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer.Do not use bleach
- Extend2Fit 4-position adjustable extension panel provides up to 5" additional legroom, allowing your child to safely ride rear facing longer
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: Simply safe adjust no-rethread headrest and harness adjust together
- Convertible car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (4-50 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds)
- Product dimensions – 21.5” D x 19.5” W x 23.5” H; Product weight – 19.25 pounds
- Made of Steel reinforced
Best For The Price
Safety 1st Grow and Go All-in-One Convertible Car Seat
- Side impACt protection: the grow and go’s side impACt protection helps keep your child safe. Carton dimensions 24.25 inches x 19.25 inches x 24.5 inches, assembled product dimensions 24.00 inches x 19.00 inches x 23.75 inches
- Wash and dry: machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; no fuss for truly easy cleaning
- Built to Grow: The 3 in 1 Car Seat Built to Grow for Extended Use Through 3 Stages: Rear FACing 5 40 Pounds, Forward FACing 22 to 65 Pounds, and Belt Positioning Booster 40 to 100 Pounds
- Easy in, easy out: harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it’s easy to get your child in and out of the seat. Rear fACing height is 19 to 40 inches. Forward fACing height is 29 to 52 inches
- Quickfit harness: with the quickfit harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- Full body protection: 2 layers of side impact protection surround the head, neck & torso
- Britax safety: High strength steel frame, crumple zone helps absorb crash energy and patented v-shaped tether
- Install confidently: With a ClickTight installation, you'll know it's right in 3 easy steps
- 10 years of use: New one4life convertible to booster car seat grows with your child from 5 to 120 pounds & up to 63 inch tall
- One4life: Converts from rear facing infant car seat, to forward facing 5 point harness, to high back belt positioning booster
- The Evenflo Every fit 4-in-1 car seat has been engineered for maximum comfort, safety, and longevity. It accommodates your child by adjusting to multiple positions, allowing kids to ride rear-facing beyond 2 years of age-without extending the seat.
- Convenience: Machine-washable fabrics are easy to remove for cleaning. Dual integrated cup holders removable snack tray to put drinks and snacks within arm's reach.
- Comfort: Innovative air flow Mesh fabrics are designed to keep your child cool. Angles your child comfortably to minimize head slump with 3 rear-facing recline positions and 1 forward-facing recline position.Do not use abrasive cleaners or solvents
- Proper fit: The 1-hand, 12-position headrest and easy to slide no-rethread harness straps can adjust as your child grows without uninstalling the car seat.
- Safety is a priority: The every fit meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo Side Impact standard, with advanced Side Impact protection that reduces crash forces up to 30%. and, Installation is easy
- An extra-comfortable ride that lasts for years: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 22-65 pounds
- Fits 3 across in the back seat of most vehicles
- 5-point harness with easy up-front adjustment
- 2 removable dishwasher-safe cup holders (Machine washable and dryer safe fabrics)
- Side impact protection
- HIGH BACK BOOSTER: Keep your child safe and comfortable with the high back booster seat mode now up to 120 lb, 54 kg. The high back booster adds an extra layer of protection and comfort for any child transitioning into booster mode.Shell and Components: Spot clean
- THE ORIGINAL 3 ACROSS: Built with our famous radian slim fit convertible design, to fit 3 across in most vehicles without compromising child or passenger comfort. Feel safe having your children secure in the backseat
- 10 YEARS ONE CAR SEAT: With 4 ways to travel safely from birth to booster, the Radian 3R adapts as your child grows to offer a custom adjustable fit from birth to 120 lbs
- REAR-FACING FOR LONGER: This slimfit convertible car seat is designed and engineered to keep your child rear facing even longer up to 50 lb/ 22. 7 kg, approx. 4 years old
- REINFORCED STEEL CORE: Mechanically engineered, reinforced steel core, made from automotive grade high density plastic and steel to create the ultimate protection for your child
- GROW WITH GOLD: Offers 10 years of use and 3 modes—Rear Facing (4 – 40 lb), Forward Facing (22 – 65 lb), and Booster (40 – 120 lb)
- BOLD MOVES: Innovative rotating car seat makes it easier than ever to get your child in and out of the car—no matter what kind of vehicle you have
- ACE THE INSTALL: Bead Level Indicator makes it easy to level the Revolve360 to achieve the safest, most accurate installation in all vehicle types
- 360 DEGREES OF EASE: Install the Revolve360 once and you’re done—the Sure360 Safety Installation System with LockStrong and Tether360 keeps it safe, secure and simple
- 10 YEARS ONE CAR SEAT: With 4 ways to travel safely from birth to booster, the radian 3QXT adapts as your child grows to offer a custom adjustable fit from birth to 120 lbs
- THE ORIGINAL RADIAN 3 ACROSS: Built with our famous Radian slim fit convertible design for a 3-across option only with Diono Radian combinations without compromising child or passenger comfort. Feel safe having your children secure in the backseat.
- 4-in-1 NEWBORN PROTECTION FROM 4 lbs: The energy absorbing protection Safe+ newborn insert provides the secure travel position, adjustable harness and anti-slip harness pads complete with Safe+ steel anti-rebound bar to reduce rebound rotation by 50%. Security 3 different ways - rear-facing, forward-facing, and high back booster mode
- SAFE PLUS ENGINEERING: Radian 3QXT is subjected to a combination of the most rigorous crash tests to ensure we have the safest car seat possible. The radian 3QXT features high-density plastic and steel reinforcement to create the ultimate protection
- THE NEXT GENERATION 4-IN-1 RADIAN CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT: Introducing 23 improvements in safety and new features from the award-winning 3QXT slimfit convertible car seat
- Easy clean up: Remove the car seat cover without removing the harness
- Fits: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing 20 to 65 pounds; dimensions: 26 x 18.5 x 21 inches (HxWxD)
- Designed for safety: Side impact protection, steel frame, impact absorbing base, and forward movement reducing v-shaped tether
- Easy installation: Push button latch connectors and built in lock offs make car seat installation a breeze
- No rethreading, ever: Quick adjust 10 position harness (8.5 to 17.5 inches) with headrest grows along with your child
- Push-button InRight LATCH provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audible click to help ensure secure installation
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: A combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- Easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate installation guesswork
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your child as they grow
- Slim design with dual integrated cup holders that rotate away, making the seat 10% slimmer to save valuable back seat space
- 4-position recline keeps your child comfy and helps for a better installation
- Steel-reinforced frame provides strength and durability for 10 years of use
- Harness storage compartment keeps the harness safely stored while in belt-positioning booster mode
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds)
- No-rethread simply safe adjust harness system allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
Our Tips to decide which one among best and safest convertible car seat is the best
Researchers all know how difficult it is to make a decision when there are so many options. It's something that originally stood out, and you want to get the most bang for your buck, but our advice will help you make good decisions.
Before making a purchase, please read the following key factors to save oneself time and prevent trouble later.
Quality Of Materials
Ease Of Installation
An anchor clasp can have a significant impact on the ease of car seat installation. Two types of anchor clasps were found during testing: one that is plain and the other, which we will show below. It is simpler to attach the buckle anchor and remove it. This type of anchor is easier to use.
Weight Of Seat
The car seat will need to be lifted into and out of your car. You'll also have to transport it around airports. Use a light-weight car seat.
This can be done by looking at the label on the side that says: "This restraint has been certified for use with motor vehicles and planes."
RELATED: What is the best way to choose a best affordable toddler car seat in a 2024? We've discovered a few good choices for your needs that are simple to use. Let's take a look right now!
Can I Take My Car Seat On An Airplane?
Many infant car seats can be used with FAA standards. However, it is best to consult your manual. You may be restricted from flying with a booster car seat once you have converted it to a car seat. These seats require a belt that crosses the body to work properly.
How Do I Know If I’ve Installed The Car Seat Correctly?
Every car seat is different and attaches differently to your car. It's important that you carefully read the instruction manual for your vehicle. This will make it easier and safer to install and adjust the car seat. These manuals contain important information such as safety specifications, compatibility and other details.
You can bring your car seat to the local police or fire department for assistance from certified Child Passenger Safety technicians. You can search the CPS Registry to locate one closest you if there aren't any CPSs in your area.
Can You Use A Convertible Car Seat For A Newborn?
Convertible car seats can be used by newborns. However, there are some limitations. The car seat must face rearward and the child must weigh at least the recommended weight.
Do Convertible Car Seats Have Strollers?
Convertible car seats are a popular topic. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
At the moment, there is only one convertible car seats that works with strollers. While there are some lightweight convertible seats available that can be used for traveling, you will lose the ability of transferring your child's seat directly from their car seat onto your stroller once they outgrow it.
How Do I Know If A Car Seat Is Safe?
You can check if your car seat meets federal safety standards by looking for the label. Professionals can inspect your vehicle to verify that it has been installed correctly and is safe.
How Long Does My Child Need To Be In A Car Seat?
Many states require children to be at least 4'9" tall in order to drive in cars without a seatbelt. A booster seat should be used if they're too big for the forward-facing seat, but not enough to use the seat belt.
What Size Car Seat Do I Need For A Toddler?
It is not important how large a toddler car seats are. Car seats that are best for toddlers can be adjusted. The owner's manual will tell you which model is the best for your child, based on height and weight.
We recommend buying a convertible car chair that allows you to switch between a 5-point harness and a booster seat. This will save money on multiple seats. Safety experts advise that toddlers under 12 years old use standard booster seats.
Follow these guidelines to ensure that you purchase best and safest convertible car seat in 2024. Take into account what characteristics are most essential for your topmost issue right now, and then look into different products that meet those requirements. If you are unable to choose a product, please see Evenflo All4One DLX 4-In-1 Convertible Car Seat (Kingsley Black) for another option.
With this advice, you should be able to find a great new product with much less difficulty! Do you have any inquiries? Please notify us as soon as possible.