The Best 3 Bike Hitch Rack For 2023
Our Top Picks
1. Best Of The Best: Allen Sports Deluxe 3-Bike Hitch Mount Rack, Model 532RR-R
Sturdy steel construction with black powder coat finish. Allen Sports Deluxe 3-Bike offers a wide variety of features and attachments to make your life easier. Three bikes can be held securely in place with the three hooks, while you can attach two additional bikes to the side rails without taking up any additional space.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: Tyger Auto TG-RK3B101S 3-Bike Hitch Mount Bicycle Carrier Rack
The Tyger Auto TG-RK3B101S Carrier Rack offers convenience and protection for your bike. This rack is easy to install with the included instructions and folds down when not in use to minimize clutter. It comes with soft cradles that protect your bike frame from scratches and the secure arms hold each of your bikes in place during transport.
3. Best Safety: Allen Sports Premier Locking Quick Release 3-Bike Carrier
The Allen Sports Premier is a locking bike carrier that lets you transport your bike to and from the trail with ease. With an internal tilt away release, you can easily lift the gate and access your bicycle while it's in transit. Plus, there's a padded spine shield to protect your bicycle during transport.
4. Best Efficient: KAC S3 Hitch Mounted 3-Bike Suspension Rack, Quick Release Handle
This bike rack easily mounts to the back of your vehicle and frees up your trunk or hatchback to carry gear. The quick release tilt lever provides easy access to your vehicle's rear cargo area, no bike unloading is required. This folding bike rack creates a low profile and stores easily when not in use.
When it comes to having more than one bike, hitch-mounted bike racks can be your best friend. There are some great options out there that make it easy to bring multiple bikes along when you’re heading for the trail or just taking a leisurely ride around town. But just because there are so many different kinds of hitch-mounted bike racks doesn’t mean they’re all equally practical.
To figure out which models are truly worth your time, we compared several of the most popular types and weighed their pros against their cons—and came up with our list of the Best 3 bike hitch racks.
Our team spent about 18 hours researching, sifting, and selecting many high-quality models. Allen Sports Deluxe 3-Bike Hitch Mount Rack, Model 532RR-R is the product that receives the highest award from us. In addition to the other suggestions on this list, which are equally deserving of your consideration, we have also compiled a helpful buyer's guide to assist you in making your decision.
RELATED: Are you looking for the right best bicycle racks? We cover all options. To pick the best one for you, please compare quality, price, and customer reviews.
Our Top Picks
- Sturdy steel construction with black powder coat finish; Lifetime warranty
- Allen's warranty does not cover items purchased through third-party sellers
Best Bang For The Buck
Tyger Auto TG-RK3B101S 3-Bike Hitch Mount Bicycle Carrier Rack
- Easy installation in minutes. (DIY instruction included in package.) NOTE: Both provided Safety Straps must be installed to stabilize bikes while driving. Otherwise, any resulting accident and damage will not be covered by warranty.
- Convenient vehicle access with tilt down feature and foldable carry arms when not in use. Soft cradles made to protect your bike frame and secure your bikes individually.
- Allen's warranty does not cover items purchased through third-party sellers
- Dual compound tie-down cradles And quick set straps individually secure and protect bicycles
- Internal tilt away release allows for easy lift gate access
- MADE FOR YOUR BIKE: This hanging-style hitch-mount bike rack features dual arms to support most road, gravel, and mountain bikes, and even accommodates step-through style frames with our KAC frame adapter (sold separately). Transport up to three bikes weighing up to 99 lbs total. It fits perfectly on your car, truck, or SUV with a 1.25-inch or 2-inch hitch receiver (hitch receiver adapter included).
- ANYTIME ACCESS: Reach for gear in your trunk or hatchback without removing your bike rack. A quick release tilt lever provides easy access to your vehicle’s rear cargo area, no bike unloading required. This folding bike rack creates a low profile and stores easily when not in use.
- Designed to fit 3 bikes (Max 99lb capacity) with sturdy and handy construction. Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle. (Safety strap included.)
- Easy installation in minutes. (DIY instruction included in package.) NOTE: Provided Safety Strap must be installed to stabilize bikes while driving. Otherwise, any resulting accident and damage will not be covered by warranty.
- Quickly attach and secure bikes with ratcheting strap
- Half the weight of traditional steel hitch bike racks (20 lbs) allows easy installation and removal
- Superior stability with integrated anti-sway cradles to prevent bike to bike contact
- 2" Flatlock Cam for 2" receivers
- Holds up to a 5" tire (with use of the Phat Bike Kit - Sold Separately)
- Max Wheelbase: 50"
- [SECURE TRANSPORT] Bikes are safe and secure during transport thanks to 5"-7" of spacing between each bike
- [TOW YOUR BIKES] This heavy duty, all-steel bike rack will easily transport up to 3 bicycles. It features padded bike cradles with hook and loop straps to protect the bikes.
- [EASY INSTALLATION] Easily transfers between with 2" hitch receivers right out of the box.
- Wide applicability-Suitable for bike rack models: SUV, minivan, car, truck, etc. Types of bikes that can be placed on the hitch bike rack: mountain bikes, road bikes, etc.
- Easy Installation Bike Rack Hitch-Bicycle car racks can be set up in minute. Allbicycle car racks come with professional consulting services and warranties. If you encounter problems please do not hesitate to contact us, we will provide you with a solution within 24 hours.
Best Easy To Use
Bike Rack for SUV 3 Bike Rack Hitch Bike Rack Foldable Bicycle Rack
- 【Easy Installation】： Rack sets up and installs in less than 5 minutes;. If you have any questions about this car bike rack, Please don't hesitate to contact us via Amazon.
- 【Safety】：This Bike trunk mount rack comes with 2 set Elastic rubber straps and tightener features to safely and securely get you and your bikes out for adventures.
What are your concerns about purchasing the best 3 bike hitch rack?
We're sure you've purchased something and afterward regretted it. We are all concerned about the items we purchase. The easiest method to prevent these concerns is to conduct a thorough study before purchasing the best 3 bike hitch rack.
That is also why we decided to introduce this post in order to provide you with advice on how to avoid buying errors when selecting the best 3 bike hitch rack.
Bike Wheelbase Compatibility
Maximum weight capacity for a bike
If you plan on transporting heavy downhill mountain bikes or e-bikes, fat, and/or cruiser bikes, make sure to check the rack's weight limit. Each design listing will indicate the bike's maximum weight. This amount may vary greatly. For comparison, standard road and mountain bikes weigh less than 35 pounds. E-bikes, however, can be up to 50 pounds. We recommend that you upgrade to a more robust model if your weight is close to or above the max. It's worth it to avoid breaking the rack or invalidating your warranty.
Hitch Receiver Size
If you intend to transport several heavy ebikes, the 2-inch larger hitch will be able to hold heavier loads. You'll also find adapters for most racks to accommodate both sizes.
It only takes seconds for someone to steal your bicycle from the rack, whether you are going to a shop or just to get you home at night.
Your entire rack can be taken if someone is equipped with the right tools. If you don’t own a garage, this can pose a problem.
This is most commonly used in platform racks. It is an arm that extends from the platform to ratchet down on your bike's tires. They secure the bike to the platform. They are often reinforced with straps that run around the wheel's bottom to increase security.
The strap system is used in every hanging rack that we have seen. It's strong and reliable, but it can be damaged or broken by users. Many straps secure bikes with at least two straps at every attachment point. Your bike could fall off if the shepherd's hook is broken (which happens very rarely).
Ease Of Use
Hanging racks are a great option for a common bicycle, the diamond-frame. You can lift the bike and slide it on the rack. Once it is secured, you can bungee it to the front wheel. It also gives you the opportunity to do some bicep curls before going on your ride.
A platform rack is a better choice for bikes with heavier frames or unique designs. It is easier to transport the bike because it has a lower frame. Once you get it on you won't need to move it around to make adjustments. It can be difficult to hang a bike on a rack.
The ramp is often the most cost-effective option, but it's also the most convenient. You can simply place your bike on the platform rack using this feature. This feature is great for riders with heavy bikes such as e-bikes and cruisers.
Wheel Size And Tire Width Compatibility
Bike Frame Compatibility
Hanging racks may not work well if your bike is a mountain bike or step-through, as well as a smaller child's bike.
RELATED: Our selections of best 4 bike bike rack here both come with the highest quality and reasonable price. Whether yes or no, this article is for you!
Do Bike Racks Damage Your Car?
A hitch-mounted rack has a greater chance of being preferred to a trunk-mounted one. This is because the hitch does not have contact with the vehicle's body. It reduces rubbing on the paint. This keeps the rack from contacting any parts of the body where it could damage or dent.
No matter how careful a company takes when creating a rack system, human error is always possible. If the rack is not on the car, opening the hatchback can cause the rack to be lifted off the vehicle.
It can damage the rack and cause scratching. When you reach the back of your car, make sure that the rack is not in the way.
If you aren't careful, bikes can contact your car. Sometimes platform racks are used to transport the bike near a car's rear window. If the road is particularly bumpy, this can make it more likely that the handlebar will pass through the window.
This can be solved by moving the cradles closer to the windows. The front tire can hang unsupported, which could lead to it bumping into your car.
Although it's not as serious as breaking windows, the damage to the finish can be severe over time. This is a simple fix. To solve the problem, secure the wheel using a strap and bungee rope.
How Do You Transport A Bike Without A Rack?
Some bikes can be put in the trunk, back or under the vehicle. However, it may not work if the front wheel is removed. You may not be able to accommodate some bikes in your vehicle. A friend who has a van can help you to transport your bicycle.
Why Are Bike Racks So Expensive?
A high-quality bike rack is essential if you are to keep your bicycle safe. Racks made of durable materials will last for years, protecting your investment. A cheap rack will cause damage to your bike or vehicle.
Do All Bike Racks Fill All Cars?
Although most bikes racks can be adjusted, they are not universally compatible. There are simply too many shapes and sizes of bikes to make this possible.
You need to know the dimensions of your rear bumper if you are thinking of buying one. There are different rear racks that work well with various cars, such as saloons and hatchbacks. You can find the manufacturer's website to check which racks will fit your vehicle.
A roof rack that is not compatible with the current roof bars may also be incompatible. There are two types: the traditional square-profile or more modern, oval aero bars. Oval bars cut through air and reduce drag. They also produce less wind noise. Make sure your roof rack will fit with any shape of roof bar you choose.
What Is The Best Bike Rack For Four Bikes?
There are versions of both platform and hanging racks that can accommodate four bikes. The hanging racks are more difficult to protect your bikes as they attach from the top. The bikes can swing or hit each other while traveling thanks to this.
It is possible to space out fewer bikes, which reduces risk. Space is constrained with only four bikes. Make sure that your cradles are sufficiently spaced so the bikes don't collide, even with minimal swings.
Platform racks make this less problematic as bikes can be locked in place by both wheels. This adds stability and strength. Because the platform racks are lower, it's easier to place the bikes onto them.
Which Car Bike Rack Is Best?
Each person will have their own opinion on the best bike rack for them. It's almost impossible to pick the right bike rack for each situation because there are so many factors.
It is best to determine your requirements and then choose the rack that best suits you. A good hang rack will allow you to easily transport your bicycle around the house.
A platform rack can be a great choice if you are concerned about keeping your bike clean and safe. People who have difficulty lifting their bikes from the platform rack are also able to use it.
You get more features the higher your price. Racks with high-end features include security levers and buttons, which makes them more user-friendly. You can also access the trunk with these racks without having to remove your bikes.
Consider the things you can live without, and what you really need. You'll be able to find the right rack by balancing your needs and spending budget.
Can You Put A Bike Rack On Any Car?
You should find the right bike rack for your vehicle amongst many options. For some styles, you will need to attach a hitch or crossbars/tracks to the roof. Before you make a purchase, be sure to check the specifications on the rack.
What Is The Easiest Bike Rack To Use?
Each type of rack has its advantages. Hanging racks can be used if you don't have to lift your bike. You can secure your bike by placing it on the arms. Then tie the straps and bungee your front wheel.
The platform racks are easier to use than the cradles, but they require less muscle. They do require a little more effort to secure the bike. Swing-away racks make it easy to reach the rear of your bike. If you have a lot to carry (for example, camping trips), one of these racks might be a good choice. ).
Are Hitch Bike Racks Better?
Hitch racks can be a good option if your car has that capability. Mounts that attach to the hitch receiver are better than trunk racks and roof racks. They also protect your vehicle's finish.
These racks are also easier to set up than any other option. This is great news for those who don't need a rack in their car all day. It's attached with a steel pin so it takes only one step to attach it to a trailer hitch and then one to take it off when it's time to go.
Finally, the best 3 bike hitch rack may be readily used and offers a range of options to meet your needs. When looking for another kind of best 3 bike hitch rack, which we recommend Bike Rack for SUV 3 Bike Rack Hitch Bike Rack Foldable Bicycle Rack, all of these characteristics are significant.
We've combed through all of this data in order to assist you in making the best decision possible. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you discover the best 3 bike hitch rack in the comments section below!